Fiat caught in Dieselgate

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #2  
Last edited:
   / Fiat caught in Dieselgate #3  
Its not caused by a fuel injector part or fuel injector control manipulation. It is a selective urea treatment window that does not have enough capacity to operate full cycle/time during road operaion. Only emissions testing operation. Same as having your tractor with DEF injection NEVER having to have a 1/2 pint tank filled, EVER, once its sold to you.

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #4  
Cool, where can we buy one. :)

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #5  
Its not caused by a fuel injector part or fuel injector control manipulation. It is a selective urea treatment window that does not have enough capacity to operate full cycle/time during road operaion. Only emissions testing operation. Same as having your tractor with DEF injection NEVER having to have a 1/2 pint tank filled, EVER, once its sold to you.
I thought if your DEF was out or low,the vehicle went into "limp"mode?

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #6  
Yep. Saw this today. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am avg 20 mpg and that includes towing a two horse trailer.

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #7  
Looks like the Ecodiesels have a software code similar to VW in order to pass testing.

EPA Accuses Fiat Chrysler of Emissions Cheating on EcoDiesel

This issue doesn't seem to having anything in parallel with the VW code that could detect when the engine was being tested and turned on its emissions.

Here is a description of the actual issue;
News | What were the diesel cheats? (Updated)

From the artical;

"The law does allow for AECDs when needed to protect the vehicle, which is the reason for all of the cases listed. So far, nobody has determined whether FCA intended to break the law, or did so accidentally. Based on the results of the recall investigation, it seems likely that there were internal compliance errors within FCA that it wasn稚 intentional."

There isn't any mention if emissions have exceeded the allowable amount or not, and if so how much and how often. Sounds to me someone didn't understand the federal reporting requirments and that is about it.

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate #8  
Glad my 90 f250 with a 7.3 IDI runs good

/ Fiat caught in Dieselgate

We were amazed at how little DEF our Passat used..... turns out.. there was a reason, lol.