Fifth wheel camper repair

/ Fifth wheel camper repair #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
I recently acquired a 2006 Fleetwood Gearbox Toy-hauler, I'm not going to restore it to new but I am going to do some repairs. Some of the known problems are Electric landing gear not working, transfer switch not transferring, it's got a weak spot in the floor of the garage area and the generator has not run in years. so between a 12 hour shift job a honey do list longer than my arm looks like I'll be busy.

RV GEARBOX (7).jpg

/ Fifth wheel camper repair
Thanks for the link, I have the landing gear repaired but I don't have the pictures to post yet and I still need to service the jacks. working my 11th shift today at my job so I really have not had time for the RV.

/ Fifth wheel camper repair #4  
Sounds like it's going to be a time consuming job, but not a particularly tough one. The hardest jobs on an RV are roof and frame jobs where structural components are rotted. A few years ago I got what I thought was a smoking deal on a fifth wheel that had water damage in the rear end, it took several weeks of intensive effort to repair it right.

Looking at the picture - I don't know if it's just light reflection or what, but it looks like it's got some delamination issues.

Good eye Gunny you are correct, just more things to look at.

took the time to remove the transfer switch so I could order the correct one, got the new one delivered but have not installed yet.

RV GEARBOX (2).jpg RV GEARBOX (1).jpg

I got the transfer switch in and it is working like it should on shore power, have not tried the generator. while I was in the breaker box I found a loose ground and a neutral wire. the neutral block had gotten so hot at some time in the past that it had the plastic insulator broken and brittle. so I fabricated a new one hopefully by tightening everything in the box I got rid of the heat.

RV GEARBOX (13).jpg RV GEARBOX (11).jpgRV GEARBOX (16).jpg

/ Fifth wheel camper repair #8  
You're doing a good job of checking things off the punch list, landing gear, electrical issues, transfer switch, getting things done!

Thanks Gunny, I was thinking I needed to make this tractor related so here is yesterday's progress. what could be better than time spent with grandson and on the tractor.

RV GEARBOX (20).jpg RV GEARBOX (17).jpg RV GEARBOX (18).jpg

/ Fifth wheel camper repair #10