Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #862  
Your basic premise is about 10-20 years behind the times. Solar and wind energy is cheaper to produce nowadays than most other fuels. The economics has become very favorable over the past 20 years.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Energy, especially green energy, is heavily subsidized by green new deal taxpayer subsidies and energy costs are up. Taxes on energy are up. I provided the charts, they show energy prices are higher on average across the USA. Gas & diesel prices are terrible.
Inflation, including fuel and food are extremely high and along with record 40+ year interest rates are killing America’s middle class.
I read something like 8 in 10 Americans can’t pull $1,000 together for an emergency. Seems like a stupid time to shove record high energy costs in their faces.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #863  
According to the Real Estate people most of the houses next to or surrounded by the solar farm will loose 20-50% of value.

Also we are on the TVA system with about the lowest energy rates in the country. When TVA was contacted they knew nothing about the solar farm. Who are they selling the power to?

RSKY
SOLAR.png

Would I like a large solar farm next door? Probably not. That said, my choice is to deal with it or move. Now if Charlie Ray's farm across the street decides to open up a large scale hog farm, I may fight it.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #864  
Good Topic.
Just curious, why dont you want them? Is it just the appearance?
I live in the mountains so we dont have any around here.
There has been some talk of windmills though
We had talk of turbine farms going in around our area. They are a big threat to anyone with horses. There are some interesting studies that show animals avoid the turbine areas, which is probably due to the low frequency sounds. A number of deaths have also been found in bats and birds of prey (eagles - golden and bald, hawks and falcons).

The only large scale solar farm I have seen is the great big one out near the Salton Sea in California.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #865  
Well, it's a matter of opinion fo'sho' but....
I disagree with AT LEAST two premises that have been raised here so far;

1. "We all need solar farms"....nope!

2. "No one can tell me what to do with my property"....wrong!

Solar "farms" might be some of the LAST things we need seeing as how AMERICA has projected natural gas reserves (at current usage levels) of 300 years. The energy needed to produce, maintain and replace those things is greater and comes accompanied with more environmental impact than most people consider when thinking about them. Their "deficits" won't be accurately known for many years yet.

As far as no one being able to tell you what to do with your own property I offer ONE acronym (although there are many, MANY more)....
.....EPA.

As far as stopping something like this from happening? I dunno but I might start by finding that one tiny plant or creature that can't survive due to the installation. But! Be careful what you wish for.

As far as policy and possible help with litigation services you might consult organizations like Protect The Harvest. But! Be careful what you wish for.

On the other hand, I would imagine that the solar panels won't be throwing any wild, 3 a.m. parties but you probably won't be trading peach cobbler recipes with them either.

I sincerely wish you luck with whatever transpires.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #866  
We had talk of turbine farms going in around our area. They are a big threat to anyone with horses. There are some interesting studies that show animals avoid the turbine areas, which is probably due to the low frequency sounds. A number of deaths have also been found in bats and birds of prey (eagles - golden and bald, hawks and falcons).

Now there’s mounting evidence the wind turbines they are building off the NJ coast are threatening whale & dolphin populations. The New Jersey tourist industry doesn’t want them, either. Dead whales washing up on beaches in Wildwood will kill their tourism industry. Oh well, just another huge swath of people lose their way of life. More people with failed businesses. Nobody from the green energy department cares. They get their virtue badge.

The only large scale solar farm I have seen is the great big one out near the Salton Sea in California.

Makes you wonder what all these fields covered with solar panels coming to a rural location near you will do to migratory birds. Normally, they would be able to land in the fields to rest, eat, or nest, where Eagles, fox, coyote would prey on them for food and survival. I bet it interrupts the chain of life in a big way.

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #867  
Anthropomorphic climate change is one of the reasons that so many people are immigrating to the US. While I disagree with the worries about immigration (which this country actually needs desperately for labor supply), if you want to keep people in their countries of origin one way to help is not to continue burning fossil fuels and raising the temperature of the earth. And when you only look at individual ROI, you are missing the point. The reason the government subsidizes solar and other renewable energies is to redistribute the burden of protecting the environment and the people who live in it. This will not be convincing to anyone who does not believe that anthropomorphic climate change exists, of course, but there are lots of people out there right now who are carrying an unfair share of the burden of our current choice of fuels.

Also, there are ways to create solar farms that still allow other productive use of the land. It is possible to plant shade crops under or around them, and it is also possible to graze animals under them if they are elevated. Rather than complaining about how ugly something is, try figuring out how to make it as beautiful and functional as possible. Multi-use options for these farms can then allow us to preserve some truly natural environments before we kill everything. The USDA estimates that current food waste in the US is about 30-40% of our supply, meaning we don't need to produce more food, we need to use it more efficiently.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #868  
Why don’t all the climate alarmists take to twitter and bombard China & India for ”man made climate change”.
After all, we are all globalists now, right?

Why does the US have to be the only one that eats the excrement sandwich of high energy prices and fugly windmills & solar panels destroying our natural beauty & real estate values?

Maybe it’s because we rely so much on imports from China and India? Hmmmm?

Maybe we move production back here to the USA and threaten tariffs on their imports if they don’t start green energy production in THEIR countries?

Then we could be less reliant on buying things from people who hate us and clean up the worlds atmosphere at the same time?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #869  
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY
see Renewable Rejection Database - Robert Bryce - Author | Journalist | Public Speaker. For database of rejected solar farm attempts. Bryce has a Substack and a podcast that discuss energy issues. You might get some ideas and contacts from the list.
in Virginia where I live there are battles going on about destruction of farmland to make way for “renewables,”
Some people have got together in one of our communities and are planning on installing a huge multi-acre solar farm on property adjacent to my daughter's and sister-in-law's property. They will be surrounded to the north and south of their properties and across the road. Their property value will go to nearly nothing.

Has anybody fought the installation of one of these?

Any ideas?

RSKY

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #870  
Why don’t all the climate alarmists take to twitter and bombard China & India for ”man made climate change”.
After all, we are all globalists now, right?

Why does the US have to be the only one that eats the excrement sandwich of high energy prices and fugly windmills & solar panels destroying our natural beauty & real estate values?

Maybe it’s because we rely so much on imports from China and India? Hmmmm?

Maybe we move production back here to the USA and threaten tariffs on their imports if they don’t start green energy production in THEIR countries?

Then we could be less reliant on buying things from people who hate us and clean up the worlds atmosphere at the same time?
Because the other countries don't care about the climate and the US is one of the few countries with people who see climate as a religion.

The US has come a long way to protecting the environment since the early 70's and is doing much better than China, Mexico, and India.

Status
Not open for further replies.