Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,271  
Let's investigate that....

Solar employs 55,000 more people than oil and natural gas ever did at it's peak in the time sample. ;)

(click to enlarge)

View attachment 798623 View attachment 798624
interestingly our neighboring county provided 10 million dollar abatement for wind turbine company. They said it would hire 15 permanent locals for the abatements. Guess how many they hired? 4...... Guess where they live? Not in the county. Thats a great investment and ROI.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,272  
Ford moved to Mexico along with Carrier and Saudi Arabia became our friend
American companies have been moving out since the 70's that's 5 +decades of outsourcing and no legislation before that did anything about it. We regulate our industries and they move out .......Why single out someone you don't like and point the finger...... China is entrenched and corporations outsourced but not because of him. He sounded the alarm back in the 80's to try and get some awareness of an embolden communist nation set on replacing the US as the # 1 power in the world. They had a plan and we were duped into believing they were just a trading partner and competition..... They had no intention of being a trading partner and fooled the American public through this faux appearance.
In order to fix long entrenched problem you have to first acknowledge there is one. So he had a lot of convincing to do and not much cooperation.....given corporate America had already invested heavily into China. The people wanted something on the cheap and now corporate America has abandoned them. Even if you wanted to buy something of better quality or warranty guarantee you be hard pressed to find it here. Now we have lost much of our skilled and merit based work force so products made here are falling off in quality as well.

Some reasons why corportate America moves out: regulations, high taxes, labor unions, lawsuits, greed, etc...... No problem in communist China so there you go.

You build new facilities for batteries, chips, solar panels,windmills but you still have the same issues that will eventually need the people's money to run more government(s) Free enterprise, Once again held hostage to corporate dominance and an overreaching government. China is positioned to dominate this makeover and they have no intention of making America wealthy again. We will simply be a service nation market with an indebtedness to China.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,273  
Actually they are making NG refill stations more and more common, especially throughout the Midwest where cross country semis run. The government is picking NG along with EV.

Hay Dude, I have understood very well that the government picks and chooses. I have repeatedly stated that in my posts, several of which in direct response to you. I have understood that long before you attempted to educate me on something I already know and have shown I know. Please attempt to read, and comprehend, my posts. You are simply ignoring what I say to continue your narrative with no formative or new responses to my statements so you can stick to a narrative. An attempt at gas lighting.
I am attempting to tell you that the government is picking one of the winners you want along with others. So, I believe saying that it ALWAYS fails is inaccurate. You wanted the government to pick the XL pipeline. The land owners and native tribes wanted the government to choose them.

Starting to understand now?

No, your premise is wrong.
There’s a difference between allowing a pipeline and funding solar panels.
A BIG difference.

The pipeline wasn’t going to receive the funding that the solar power generation industry is receiving.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,274  
No, your premise is wrong.
There’s a difference between allowing a pipeline and funding solar panels.
A BIG difference.

The pipeline wasn’t going to receive the funding that the solar power generation industry is receiving.

The Government of Alberta invested/funded $1.1B into the Keystone Pipeline XL project.

$2.7B was to be funded by TC Energy

The remaining $4.2B was to be financed by the Government of Alberta

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,275  
The Government of Alberta invested/funded $1.1B into the Keystone Pipeline XL project.

$2.7B was to be funded by TC Energy

The remaining $4.2B was to be financed by the Government of Alberta
How much USA? Cause thats all I’m talking about.
Canada, Botswana and Moldova can do whatever they want.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,276  
How much USA? Cause thats all I’m talking about.
Canada, Botswana and Moldova can do whatever they want.

Zero to my knowledge.
US didn’t have a play in that game.

This was about Canada business.

Much of this comparison was around a Canadian owned pipeline against US solar farms.

Your quote :”The pipeline wasn’t going to receive the funding that the solar power generation industry is receiving.

Can’t think of why the US would have invested in Canada’s pipeline.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,277  
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,278  
All this talk of keystone , for and against. Just wondering if all these arguments apply to the carbon capture pipeline they are taking properties under the guise of "the Greater Good". At least oil is a proven commodity, this carbon capture looks more and more like a scam the more I look into it.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,279  

walhondingMF said...​

"You can blame the current office all you want. The fact is, workers in America have had a 9% increase in wages but stock holder profits for fortune 500 countries since the pandemic have gone up 25-30%. It's called price gouging."

Real wages are up less than what you've stated and when inflations is accounted for, they are down. The fortune 500 companies did well under the pandemic, especially the drug companies and Amazon, Walmart while the little guys who were shut down suffered greatly. The government in various states picked who could open and who couldn't limiting where people could purchase thus the big guys won out. during that time frame I did work for both types of companies, not all the big ones were left unscathed and in rare circumstances were the little guys left alone to operate. Then they were bought off with "covid cash" to gain compliance. I could go on...

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #1,280  
The only way this will be feasable is to recharge the harvesting equipment in motion by having a diesel generator running. Or the farmers will have to buy extra $$$$$ expensive batteries and take the time to swap out them out, which will increase the time it takes to harvest the crop.
Option #2, is to have an extra Combine (harvester) on hand, just doesn't make economic sense.
EV farm equipment at this stage of technology is just virtue signalling, in my opinion.
Maybe hydrogen fuel cells and solid state batteries? With the current tech and batteries.... fairy dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.