Filings in filter

/ Filings in filter #11  
They shouldn't be there from the start and is indicative of A) poor machining techniques to minimize chip size, B) poor cleaning procedures and/or C) lack of adherence to washing procedures after machining. The fact that Kubota continues to have this takes place questions their commitment to continuous improvement.

Having said that, there is no way to say if it causes damage or not. It's great the filter is catching it, but did it do damage or restrict flow causing undo strain on other systems? Who knows...
Could it be why some folks complain of excessive hydraulic noises?

Nobody can say with proof component life is not impacted by it. It would be interesting to see an A versus B Test to Failure using Weibull analysis to determine if differences in B10 Life existed between a clean hydraulic fluid passages versus one contaminated with metal chips restricting the flow passages.

Do some people see chips in their filters? Yes
Has this continued for more than 10 years? Yes
Is component or system life impacted? Cannot say without data

Take a picture of the material with a brief history of the maintenance and send it to Kubota. This way you'll be certain your voice is heard.

If anyone says it won't hurt or doesn't matter, ask them to poor the chips into their personal vehicle.

/ Filings in filter #12  
Almost never. And I use my pto a lot, meaning from on to off and off to on. I do drop the rpm but to an idle, no definitely not. For tilling, I have many short runs to till, and don稚 like the banging the tiller makes when it痴 not in the dirt. Wouldn稚 that just wear on a clutch that engages the PTO? This is not clutch material in the filter from my best guess.

Maybe it痴 time to read the manua

Maybe. Maybe not.

The M9 series tractors were sold with inadequate PTO brakes for years. It was not uncommon for the PTO brakes to fail catastrophically resulting in considerable metal in the oil.

In any event, it is good practice to return the engine to idle before turning off the PTO with any type of inertial load.

SDT

/ Filings in filter #13  
Almost never. And I use my pto a lot, meaning from on to off and off to on. I do drop the rpm but to an idle, no definitely not. For tilling, I have many short runs to till, and don稚 like the banging the tiller makes when it痴 not in the dirt. Wouldn稚 that just wear on a clutch that engages the PTO? This is not clutch material in the filter from my best guess.

Maybe itç—´ time to read the manua

Might be enlightening. Sometimes I wonder if manuals should be optional equipment....

/ Filings in filter #14  
It may be time for a filter magnet and a filter cutter. Haveyou opened up the filter you took off?

/ Filings in filter #15  
It still amazes me that anyone would spend $20k + on something and not read the manuals at least twice. Don't worry OP you are not alone...there are many that just refuse to read until things go badly. I am not saying it has anything directly to do with your issue.

/ Filings in filter #16  
Why do some, but not other, tractors have a PTO brake?
Seems like a good candidate for a pto overrunning coupler.

/ Filings in filter #17  
Why do some, but not other, tractors have a PTO brake?
Seems like a good candidate for a pto overrunning coupler.

Electric over hydraulic PTO engagement will have PTO brake as it's incorporated on the clutch pack. Whenever the PTO switch is turned to OFF, the pressure is released and a spring pushes the hub against a brake disc.

Other than being a safety measure for all those security identities, it doesn't really have any benefit on the operation of the tractor.

Those PTO brakes will usually burn out quite really fast, specially with high momentum implements like mowers. Plus it's an absolute pain not having a way to turn the PTO shaft by hand when hooking implements, at least on tractors with single PTO speed. Others just set the PTO lever to neutral.

Overrunning PTO couplers or PTO shaft extensions for that matter, won't do any good to the tractor either as it extends an already unsupported shaft even further and still adds an extra wobble to it. So the PTO shaft seals and bearings are not going to like it. Tractors with aluminium transmissions cases will definitely not going to like that.