Filter bundles

/ Filter bundles #31  
I'd say mine are 'relics' as well being a 2002 and a 2004, but unlike the new stuff, no emissions junk to get in the way. Had them both in last fall for a valve adjustment and injector spray test and both are good to go and the turbo's are tight too. Both live on Rotella T6 and a shot of Nano Borate additive on each oil and filter change. At 6000 hours and 4000 hours, I've had nothing major go wrong either. I like looking at the new ones at my dealer (Carleton farm Supply in Carleton, Michigan) but like Dennis says (he's the head tech there, the difference is, mine have no payment books as well as no emissions stuff.

Wife bought a new Kubota side by side last spring (gasser) and it has a cat on it. it has to go in for a recall of all things. Something about the steering failing.

/ Filter bundles
Never used anything but Chevron (after the initial change many moons ago). I like the cold weather flowability of it and as an added plus, it comes dyed orange of all things so it's easy to see on the dipstick. Problem is, it's not a cheap date, even costs more than SUDT at my dealer but SUDT is clear and hard to see on the dipsticks, especially for my old tired eyes.

I was buying it from my local jobber (in Toledo) until I found out that NAPA has it.

I only change my gearcase oil every 2 years anyway and that also applies to the front axle and I run 85-140 GL5 in that.

The THC exceeds the Kubota SUDT specs.
When I got my first tractor I changed all fluids and filters regardless of hrs annually I look back now and wonder what the heck was I thinking. Definitely changing trans hydro fluid every 2-5 years now unless I go over the hrs. Reminds me wonder how many folks pull the rubber dust collector cap off the back of air filter canister on older Kubotas? That can and will get nasty. 1st pic is from a broken sealing washer on goes in between filter retaining nut and filter, it was broken when I took filters out at least Kubota OEM filters give you a new seal for it and you don't even have to pay extra for it lol.

Attachments

• KIMG1861.JPG
    KIMG1861.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • KIMG1862.JPG
    KIMG1862.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
   / Filter bundles #33  
The revered 3 letter brand? With patented technology, wouldn’t the other major filter companies be foolish to say their filter will work? There aren’t any occasions where your group reached out to a manufacturer and used a COTS application?
Keeping in mind a patent is good for 20 years from the filing date unless the originator does not pay the maintenance fees.
As far as denial of warranty, any warranty claim could be pushed onto the after market supplier (assuming there is one) if nothing else for misrepresentation of product. The costs involved would certainly have to be weighed against other factors.
Just because…….
I ordered a NAPA Gold 1229, inside the box is a Wix 51229

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpeg
    IMG_0647.jpeg
    71 KB · Views: 44
   / Filter bundles #34  
During the worst of the supply chain issues,I bought a NAPA 1085(WIX 51085).
Inside the box was the MANN equivalent with a note..