Filter for diesel storage tank

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #11  
I use a 10 micron water blocking filter on my transfer tank. It's a Goldenrod spin on and head available at TSC or Amazon.
Goldenrod here too. You can see the filter element and quality of fuel along with any water at the bottom of the bowl.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #12  
I was speaking of the fuel filter setup like the OP linked to--Not in tank filters. The filter in his example has 1-1/2" threads. Try finding those at a local outlet.
My local NAPA stocks quite a few, and can typically get the ones they don’t have the next morning.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #13  
Goldenrod here too. You can see the filter element and quality of fuel along with any water at the bottom of the bowl.

I had the Goldenrod sediment bowl type for a number of years, but the one I have now is a cannister type by Goldenrod. The sediment bowl types are nice to monitor fuel quality and potential water contamination. They also have a water blocking element for them, but last I checked the optional water blocking element was rated at 30u for particulates. I suspect the optional water blocking element is not necessary in a sediment bowl filter though.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #14  
I had the Goldenrod sediment bowl type for a number of years, but the one I have now is a cannister type by Goldenrod. The sediment bowl types are nice to monitor fuel quality and potential water contamination. They also have a water blocking element for them, but last I checked the optional water blocking element was rated at 30u for particulates. I suspect the optional water blocking element is not necessary in a sediment bowl filter though.
I've had good luck with 2 filters in line. The 2nd being 2 micron.
I don't have to change them very often

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #15  
I've had good luck with 2 filters in line. The 2nd being 2 micron.
I don't have to change them very often

I use a 15gpm pump, so unlikely I could filter down to 2u at that flow rate. My tractor now has a 2u filter / separator, so I'm satisfied with 10u from the transfer tank.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #16  
I use a 15gpm pump, so unlikely I could filter down to 2u at that flow rate. My tractor now has a 2u filter / separator, so I'm satisfied with 10u from the transfer tank.
I have no idea why a 15 gpm pump would make a difference. I prefer to have my fuel filtered as well as possible before it goes into the equipment.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #17  
I have no idea why a 15 gpm pump would make a difference. I prefer to have my fuel filtered as well as possible before it goes into the equipment.

You are correct. I assumed 15gpm was too high a flow to filter down to 2u. CimTek seems to make a 2u water absorbing filter that can handle 25gpm. I'm going to check if the filter height will fit where I need it.

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #18  
Do you guys have any ideas on how to attach a filter to a 55gal drum?

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #19  
IMG_4829.jpg

/ Filter for diesel storage tank #20  
Looks good but I have an electric pump with hoses.... I guess it could be hard plumbed in (y) and a filter added like you show. OR maybe I should just break down and buy the rotary pump. Argh