Filter options

/ Filter options #11  
For my Case Dozer, I just replaced all my filters. I went to Case first to see what they cost. I need three hydraulic filters, two fuel filters, one water filter and one oil filter.

I needed to cut open one of my Hydraulic filters to look for metal shavings, so I bought one filter from Case. It cost $45 and is made my Wix.

I bought the other two from Napa for $30 each, plus all my other filters. I didn't price the difference in the rest of the filters, but I was $30 ahead on just two filters. Who knows how much the dealer marked up the others.

It's always been my understanding the dealers use required parts designated by the manufacturer, and not necessarily the best parts available. That's the reason aftermarket parts exist, to improve on factory. This is true on everything from tires to carburators, hoses to radios.

/ Filter options #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I needed to cut open one of my Hydraulic filters to look for metal shavings, so I bought one filter from Case. It cost $45 and is made my Wix.

I bought the other two from Napa for $30 each, plus all my other filters. I didn't price the difference in the rest of the filters, but I was $30 ahead on just two filters. Who knows how much the dealer marked up the others. )</font>

Napa filters are also made by Wix, if that gives you an idea of the extra markup by Case

/ Filter options #13  
I purchased my filters directly from WIX. Order 2 each of all the tractor filters plus 2 each for both of my cars. Because of the total number purchased they gave me a very nice unexpected discount on top of already attractive prices. Good company to deal with.