Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video!

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video! #1  

WichhartAcres

Tractor
Kubota BX23s
What's up guys? If you are curious about the Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer for your Kubotas check this out!
This isn't a long term review but an assembly/first initial use/impressions of it. I plan on doing a long term update on it.
Let me know what you guys think!

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video! #2  
Nice video. I like the pattern you get and the coarseness of the droplets with that. Do you know what tips came with that?

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video!
Nice video. I like the pattern you get and the coarseness of the droplets with that. Do you know what tips came with that?
Thank you sir! I was pleased with the pattern also. It says the tips are adjustable so I need to look into that. Thanks for the comment!

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video! #4  
I have a 25 gallon Fimco boom sprayer that was intended for an ATV rack. I used to bolt it down in the back of a small trailer, and it worked fine, but was a pain to set up and remove so I could still use my trailer. My son welded up a slick cart for it so now it's permanently mounted to that. When fitting it to that cart, one of the mounting bolt holes was slightly off and stressed the nut insert in the tank, cracking it. Luckily I found the exact tank still available at AgriSupply so it was an easy swap.
After rebuilding then replacing the pump and wand over the years, I learned that RV antifreeze wasn't the best option for winter storage. Now I remove both the hand wand and the pump and store them in my basement to protect from freeze damage. Not sure if that affects you in your location.
I also had some issues with algae growth in the lines and tips when stored for months. Now I pop off the tips and screens, drop them in a clear peanut butter jar with some water and dish soap, and shake them up to clean. After a couple rinses with clean water, and drain the water and leave them in the jar for storage (with a lose lid so they dry). That's worked great for several years now. It's nice to insert the screens and tips and off I go, knowing there won't be a gooped up mess with plugged tips and a full tank of chemicals. That happened twice before I started removing the tips after use.
Oh, I noticed the stiff boom hinge on yours. I think you can loosen the hinge bolts so it moves freely. Mine works great, springing back around trees and posts in tight areas.

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video! #5  
I dug into the Fimco manual and it looks like the tips on these new sprayers are TeeJet air induction #AIXR11002VP. I picked some up at Rural King and tested them out on my older Fimco sprayer Saturday. They provide a nice even pattern with much less mist of fog, just like the video above shows. Just what I was hoping for.

/ Fimco 40 gallon 3 point sprayer video! #6  
I have a 25 gallon Fimco boom sprayer that was intended for an ATV rack. I used to bolt it down in the back of a small trailer, and it worked fine, but was a pain to set up and remove so I could still use my trailer. My son welded up a slick cart for it so now it's permanently mounted to that. When fitting it to that cart, one of the mounting bolt holes was slightly off and stressed the nut insert in the tank, cracking it. Luckily I found the exact tank still available at AgriSupply so it was an easy swap.
After rebuilding then replacing the pump and wand over the years, I learned that RV antifreeze wasn't the best option for winter storage. Now I remove both the hand wand and the pump and store them in my basement to protect from freeze damage. Not sure if that affects you in your location.
I also had some issues with algae growth in the lines and tips when stored for months. Now I pop off the tips and screens, drop them in a clear peanut butter jar with some water and dish soap, and shake them up to clean. After a couple rinses with clean water, and drain the water and leave them in the jar for storage (with a lose lid so they dry). That's worked great for several years now. It's nice to insert the screens and tips and off I go, knowing there won't be a gooped up mess with plugged tips and a full tank of chemicals. That happened twice before I started removing the tips after use.
Oh, I noticed the stiff boom hinge on yours. I think you can loosen the hinge bolts so it moves freely. Mine works great, springing back around trees and posts in tight areas.
This last year I started using a gallon of the -20 degree windshield wiper fluid added to each of my two Fimco boom sprayers tanks and then running through the wand, boom and pump and leave it in the tank. It's cheap when on sale and the pumps are still primed and the wands haven't cracked, plus don't have to drain the tanks or take anything apart just add the water and Pasture Pro and go.

Last edited: