Mowing Finally bought a real mower, Cub Cadet 1862

/ Finally bought a real mower, Cub Cadet 1862 #11  
JimR
I have a '92 1862 with a 50" deck that I bought from my brother in law in '95 when he moved to Houston, TX and didn't have a need for a mower that large. It has been one tough mower as it has mowed 3-4 acres of bermuda/fescu/weeds around the house that sits in the middle of 40 acres. I did have to replace the seat with a Cub seat but other than that and the usual belts and blades its been a very parts replacement free mower. I have a question on IH B-6 tranny fluid. Its 52 miles to the nearest IH/Cub dealer for the B-6 fluid. I was wondering if a branded fluid such as Cit-GO or other branded bottled B-6 fluid will work. At 3.75 a gal for gas it costs a arm for that 104 mile round trip to the Cub/IH dealer just for the B-6.. Thanks.............

Jim

/ Finally bought a real mower, Cub Cadet 1862
JIGBUILDER said:
JimR
I have a '92 1862 with a 50" deck that I bought from my brother in law in '95 when he moved to Houston, TX and didn't have a need for a mower that large. It has been one tough mower as it has mowed 3-4 acres of bermuda/fescu/weeds around the house that sits in the middle of 40 acres. I did have to replace the seat with a Cub seat but other than that and the usual belts and blades its been a very parts replacement free mower. I have a question on IH B-6 tranny fluid. Its 52 miles to the nearest IH/Cub dealer for the B-6 fluid. I was wondering if a branded fluid such as Cit-GO or other branded bottled B-6 fluid will work. At 3.75 a gal for gas it costs a arm for that 104 mile round trip to the Cub/IH dealer just for the B-6.. Thanks.............

Jim

My local Kubota/Cub Cadet dealer told me that I could use the NAPA brand hydrostatic fluid in it. That is what I put in the other day. I took the tractor out to do some mowing and it works just fine. I can get the info off the can if you want it. I have been using the same fluid in my Cub Cadet 7275 hydro for the last two years without a problem.

/ Finally bought a real mower, Cub Cadet 1862 #13  
the small town near me has a NAPA dealer and is only 7 miles. Thanks.............Jim

/ Finally bought a real mower, Cub Cadet 1862
JIGBUILDER said:
the small town near me has a NAPA dealer and is only 7 miles. Thanks.............Jim

Anytime, hopefully they carry it. If not they can order it. I think a 5 gallon bucket was aroud $70.00.