Finally installed fire extinguisher

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #41  
I've been meaning to attach a fire extinguisher to the tractor for a long time. Finally remembered to buy the clamps while at the hardware store.

View attachment 622624

View attachment 622625

Here's hoping I never need it! :)

Good spot. I attached mine with one of the Frontier document tubes held onto the right rear fender on its front side with a single bolt. The fire extinguisher just slides into the document tube.

Got the screw-on top from the tube attached to one of the FEL towers for my drink container: LOTS better than the silly beverage holder provided.

Ralph

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #42  
Keep in mind, you don't get a lot of material out of a fire extinguisher smaller than a 10 lb.

For a 2 lb, or 5 lb, to be of much use, you need to be there almost immediately after the fire ignites, and discharge the extinguisher close to the flames.

If a machine is on fire, and it has been burning for any length of time, they can be so hot the fire will reignite as soon as you stop spraying with dry chem, or run out of material.

Don't forget to hold your breath before discharging a dry chemical extinguisher. If you are out of breath from running, and you inhale the powder, it's a very unpleasant experience.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #43  
Keep in mind, you don't get a lot of material out of a fire extinguisher smaller than a 10 lb.

For a 2 lb, or 5 lb, to be of much use, you need to be there almost immediately after the fire ignites, and discharge the extinguisher close to the flames.

If a machine is on fire, and it has been burning for any length of time, they can be so hot the fire will reignite as soon as you stop spraying with dry chem, or run out of material.

Don't forget to hold your breath before discharging a dry chemical extinguisher. If you are out of breath from running, and you inhale the powder, it's a very unpleasant experience.

I’ll add to your good points. You only have seconds for fire suppression from a fire starting to a fire out of control. That is exactly why fire extinguishers should be quickly accessible and know how to use them.

Example., A local plastic recycler skidsteer operator let the exhaust get too close and too long aimed at bale of plastic. It caught fire. Employees could not find working fire extinguishers. By the time city fire dept rolled up stacks of bales were on fire. Burned for days. Made national news. Significant property loss and evacuations. Fortunately no injuries.

Many of us operate our tractors and associated equipment with combustible materials, fuel, oil, wood, hay, grain, brush, etc and ignition hazards from engines, electrical, welding, mice, etc. Tractors are a tuff environment to carry fire extinguishers.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #44  
Honestly, this spot is a perfect one. Nowadays, it is essential to remain safe and to be always prepared for any emergency. We never know what can happen in a few moments. That's why I decided to go to some online free firefighter courses, where I learned many new things. For example, I know how to behave in a fire or help people get out of it. I would also advise you to take a look at that courses. I think that it's an excellent plus to know what to do in such emergency cases. The fire extinguisher is not always the best solution.

Last edited:
   / Finally installed fire extinguisher #45  
Did mine HERE on tractors. Now these are water, for hay or brush fires. I also have chemical ABC in cabs in case I have electrical, fuel, etc fires.

1626180793819.jpeg

1626180546732.jpeg

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #46  
Inside cab

1626210416445.jpeg

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #47  
I have one in the cab also. It's in a small length of 5" firehose, tucked in beside the seat.
That water can is a awesome. I keep one in my house, as they can put out more fire than you'd think (btdt).

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #49  
If you use a dry chem extinguisher remember the powder can pack tightly due to vibration. If you need to use it, turn it upside down and wrap it on a tire and shake it prior to using.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #50