Finally installed fire extinguisher

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #1  

davrow

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27HST
I've been meaning to attach a fire extinguisher to the tractor for a long time. Finally remembered to buy the clamps while at the hardware store.

fe1.jpg

fe2.jpg

Here's hoping I never need it! :)

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #2  
That will work good if something on the tractor catches fire.

Hope you never need it for sure!!!!

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #3  
That will work good if something on the tractor catches fire.

Hope you never need it for sure!!!!

16 months ago a buddy's beloved Kubota B7800 suddenly caught fire in Ottawa while he was mowing. He baled off and helplessy watched it burn up. The damage was so complete, the fire officials could never determined how the fire originated!

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #4  
Looks good! Mine sits beside the seat inside of a small piece of 5" fire hose.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #5  
I've one of my Frontier document holders attached to my right fender just to the right of where my right foot normally is. The fire extinguisher just slides into the doc holder.

Had to replace a while back. Some brush had pulled the pin, and I accidently hit the lever and discharged it.

Ralph

Last edited:
   / Finally installed fire extinguisher #6  
Both my tractors have extinguishers mounted under the steering wheels and my round baler has a built in supression system. Always good to err on the safe side.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #7  
Have you guys ever used "Tundra" fire extinguishers? They are not a one-use spray, they are like an aerosol that can be used whenever. I carry one in my car. They seem to be really good.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #10  
My only suggestion is to cut up an old/cheap 'stubbie holder' (koozie?) made from foam neoprene... use strips of it as an anti-vibration barrier between the U-bolts and the ROPS.

Everything that I've added to my tractor (fire-extinguisher, light bar, side mirror) has incorporated a vibration dampening barrier of some sort.