Finally ran out of garden tomatoes

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #1  

ericm979

Tractor
Branson 3725H
Garden tomato season has ended. Even the end of season ones that were picked green and left to ripen inside are gone. We're down to having to eat store bought tomatoes until next summer. Compared to garden tomatoes they're flavorless, like tomato shaped packing peanuts. There's still home canned tomatoes in various forms. They're better than store bought too but not the way fresh tomatoes are.

Every year my wife asks what I'd like to have in the garden and the answer is more tomatoes.

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #2  
Our Tomato endeavers last year were a bust. Not even sure how to approach it this year. It's so disheartening.

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #3  
I love fresh tomatoes but up here our season ended a few months ago. I did get about 4 gallons (that escaped my fresh eating) frozen for sauces until next season. Tomatoes rank up there in my favorite fresh garden foods :thumbsup:

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #4  
Fresh Garden Tomato.
Salt and Pepper
Toasted and buttered Munich Style Rye
Real Mayonese.

Makes my mouth water, just thinking about it. No meat or killing required. Not saying I don't eat meat, but if it's this simple and good, it's a win-win.

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #5  
Adjustments.jpg

/ Finally ran out of garden tomatoes #6  
My son grows tomatoes in his back yard. I really enjoy his tomatoes. Looks like you got your bag limit - RNeuman. Rolled in an egg batter, dipped in crumbs and fried. I can eat Zucchini until I'm ill. I miss our garden - so do all of Mother Natures animals.