Finally recived my 3720

/ Finally recived my 3720 #1  

GeorgeC

Silver Member
The deck took forever to come in, but the whole package was finally delivered today.

The first thing I noticed was how much better this tractor reduced emissions over my 4300. I just can't smell exhaust. My 4300 would darn near poison me after a few hours, and this alone was worth the upgrade..
Secondly, the 7 Iron deck is just an incredible improvement over my old style 72"er.
Nicer cut, better vacuum and much quieter.
Power, it has all the power I could imagine when cutting thick grass. It makes my old 4300 feel archaic. I simply couldn't get the rpm to change, so I can see the loadmatch is a useless fearure on the 3720.
I haven't had a chance to use the 300CX, but I'm sure it's also an improvement over my old 430 FEL.

Complaints..
First, I can say that I like the old style, non electronic pedals much better. There simply just isn't any feel with the E-pedals. My wife also complained about the herky jerky nature of the pedals, and needed the cruise to smooth things out..
Yeah, I'm sure I'll get used to them, but I like the feel of the real thing.
Second, the seat just doesn't have enough spring.
I'm a big guy at 280, and the seat just doesn't have enough adjustment to compensate.
Lastly, this tractor begs for a telescoping feature on the steering wheel.

Aside from those few little things, this thing is like mowing with a Cadillac. I plan on reading the manuel tonight and have some more things to say tomorrow.

/ Finally recived my 3720 #2  
Congrats George!
You WILL need Loadmatch sooner THAN later. When you try to fill your FEL bucket.

Glad to hear about the power. Do you have the seat spring knob turned to full weight? You'll get used to the pedals, it'll just take time because they are different.

Keep us posted...Kyle

/ Finally recived my 3720 #3  
I tip the scales at 265 and the seat is not enough for me either.

D.

/ Finally recived my 3720 #4  
CONGRATS ON YOUR 3720!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I AM 3 WEEKS OUT ON DELIVERY OF MINE. I TOO WOULD ENJOY A BIGGER SADDLE ON THE 3720, YET THIS IS A BIG STEP UP FROM MY WHEEL BARROW. COME ON THREE WEEKS.

/ Finally recived my 3720 #5  
Nice tractor George!

I have a 3320 Ehyrdo and I hated the pedals at first. After 20 hours or so I have "become one with the pedals" and love em!

The seat...I weigh 245 and I had to turn some adjustment out of my seat as it was too stiff. Are you certain you have the seat adjusted all the way?

/ Finally recived my 3720 #6  
Same here -- I have seat cranked as stiff as it gets and I can still get it to bottom out. I'm not fat - I'm just big boned....

/ Finally recived my 3720
Yeah, I have it cranked all the way up.
I just don't see where I can modify it to get more spring tension out of it.
I hate to spend more money on the air ride seat, but I can't mow while sitting on the floor. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
I gotta believe someone at Deere screwed up the design of the springs. I'm a big guy, and I gotta believe there are more big guys who will be complaining.
I don't think I'm fat, but I am just big. I need to get another 4" of height out of it..

I'm getting more used to the pedals today. I can tell you guys that I suggest spending the few bucks and buy the auto style cruise, if just for the easier adjustable motion match feature. While shutting the standard criuse off, I almost went over the hood.. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
My dealer is a knumb skull, and forgot to order it, although he tells me that it "hasn't come in yet.
It's been 7 weeks since I ordered it, so I gotta believe there is one set of auto cruises in stock at Deere..

The deck is unbelieveable. smooth, quiet.. Maybe my old stuff was getting whooped a bit, but this mower is really sweet.

The engine is also quieter, maybe by about 20%..
It's definitely a smooth, greatly refined upgrade from my 4300

/ Finally recived my 3720 #8  
I just reach between my legs and push the little fill button and up I go! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif At 6' and 215-ish it can take my feet off the floor if I want.

I got a chance to use the MX5 yesterday. The only way it would really strain the motor was if I got it in the dirt or on a log, or if I was working the hydro really hard in the muddy sections . I mowed all of my dad's trails including a 100' or so around clearing that had grass near to armpits...

/ Finally recived my 3720 #9  
It must be get your new 3720 week. Mine was delivered today and I have to say that it is a very sweet machine. The wait for the MMM was worth it. The thing cuts great. As for the seat, no complaints from me, but I'm just a little guy at 170lbs.

/ Finally recived my 3720 #10  
I'm feeling kind of inadequate and weak only owning a 3520 with all these 37 ownerss on this thread. Oh well -- I think I'll survive. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif