Finally saw the glow plug thing today.

/ Finally saw the glow plug thing today. #1  

dickfoster

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538TLB
I was beginning to wonder but it was in the 20's this morning and it finally came on. While that's kinda nippy for this neck of the woods it's a warm day for some parts I guess. I've seen negative 20 when I lived in Cheyenne.

/ Finally saw the glow plug thing today. #2  
Doesn't the glow plug light light up each time you turn the key to on? Mine does. If it's warm, I just turn past it to start, if it's cold I might let it glow for a few seconds.

/ Finally saw the glow plug thing today.
It never stayed on at all. This morning it came on and I hesitated till it went off then turned the key the rest of the way to start. After starting it came back on temporarily then went back off. I assume that's normal.

/ Finally saw the glow plug thing today. #4  
Interesting- When the dealer/owner delivered my 1538 he stated the "new ECU program" had the glow plug light on for about 10" every time. I too have never not seen it when starting.

/ Finally saw the glow plug thing today.
Interesting- When the dealer/owner delivered my 1538 he stated the "new ECU program" had the glow plug light on for about 10" every time. I too have never not seen it when starting.

It may flash briefly in warm temps like the indicators in a car does as a lamp check but this time it stayed on so I waited for it to go off before I started it. It took maybe 10 seconds. I guess the cold fuel kicked it on again after starting then it went right back off again.