Finding VIN number

/ Finding VIN number #1  

Deno King

Tractor
Kubota L2800
If the VIN number on my kubota can no longer be seen due to wear and tear how can I find it.

/ Finding VIN number #2  
Tractors don't have VIN numbers. Serial numbers, but not VIN numbers.

You'll have to look in the owners manual to find where the serial number(s) are. Unlike VINs there's no standard place.

/ Finding VIN number #3  
Additionally, there is likely a separate serial number for the engine, chassis, and loader (if equipped).

/ Finding VIN number #4  
Tractors don't have VIN numbers. Serial numbers, but not VIN numbers.
Please explain the difference between a tractor serial # & VIN? Tractors are identified by serial # so I guess SN could be referred to as TIN!!! It's my understanding that auto VIN's & serial #s are identical?

/ Finding VIN number
Sorry it's a kubota L2800 tractor. The serial number has rubbed off over the years in the place where its located.

/ Finding VIN number #6  
Please explain the difference between a tractor serial # & VIN? Tractors are identified by serial # so I guess SN could be referred to as TIN!!! It's my understanding that auto VIN's & serial #s are identical?
Some folks just have to pick nits. They knew full well what the OP meant, just like you and I.

/ Finding VIN number #7  
Even my new lawnmower has VIN. And they call it a VIN. o_O

/ Finding VIN number #8  
Lets just call it a ID number and call it quits....

Traditionally a VIN for car of truck describes the major aspect of the build as to year and body style and engine.... Do not know if serial number does this, My thinking is serial number is just a identifier on what number tractor was in sequence of the model run sort of like serial number on your washer and dryer or refirduretor.....

/ Finding VIN number #9  
the VIN encodes the manufacturer and other data into the number, like the plant it was built in, engine, options, etc. It's mandated by the government to be a certain length and format. Most VINs even include a check digit to make it easier to detect mistakes

The serial number can be whatever the manufacturer wants, there's no standard format. Often it's just a number, like the last 6 or 8 digits of the 16 character VIN

/ Finding VIN number #10  
L2800 serial number locations...
IMG_3649.jpg