Finished up my firewood for 2020-21

/ Finished up my firewood for 2020-21 #31  
When I used firewood it was cut to length & split right where the tree fell. This is the old firewood trailer - the tires are rotted - its not been used in 20+ years. I would cram two chords in it and come in and restack in the wood shed.

View attachment 580626

/ Finished up my firewood for 2020-21 #32  
Fewest touches I have is this. I drop the trees and cut to 16 to 18 inch lengths at the drop site. Transport IBC tote frames to the drop zone. Tow the splitter to the drop zone. I split and directly load into the IBC tote frames right then and there. The tractor and rear forks transport the full totes to the house area. As needed throughout the winter the totes are put right outside the door nearest the stove. Likely three times less handling than before I set this process up.

/ Finished up my firewood for 2020-21 #33  
Fewest touches I have is this. I drop the trees and cut to 16 to 18 inch lengths at the drop site. Transport IBC tote frames to the drop zone. Tow the splitter to the drop zone. I split and directly load into the IBC tote frames right then and there. The tractor and rear forks transport the full totes to the house area. As needed throughout the winter the totes are put right outside the door nearest the stove. Likely three times less handling than before I set this process up.

Ditto on the IBC totes. I fill mine up and let them dry on the south side of the barn. When winter comes, I fork them over to the side closest to the house. I found a guy in CT who sells them for $35 a piece, so I bought a bunch. They often go for $100.

_DSC8968.JPG

_DSC9098.JPG