Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #11  
in a bunker of course
NORADNorth-Portal.jpg

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #12  
The other theory I have read is the casing becomes the projectile, not the bullet. I guess that depends on the position of the casing against a fixed object.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #13  
I think you would be screwed no matter what. If you even told the fire dept about ammunition on site, they would probably not go in.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #14  
I think you would be screwed no matter what. If you even told the fire dept about ammunition on site, they would probably not go in.

I guess it depends on where you live.. Every house here has ammo in it and firefighters just go ahead and do their job.. They are not in any great danger. Like I said, No where near the danger as compared to an aerosol can. Again. Loaded firearms are a danger, but not ammunition.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #15  
I would have thought there was some danger but have never heard of anyone being harmed buy rounds going off in a fire and many if not most houses here have ammo. kt

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #16  
In my opinion, the risk is about the same if the ammo cooks off or if someone throws the ammo at the firefighter. Your normal turnout gear and mask is going to protect you.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #17  
I am still surprised at that.

I throw all my old paint cans in the bon fire. One ,for fun, but it also readies them to be flattened and go in the scrap steel.

Actually, a large old swollen can of tomatoes outdid most of the paint cans in destruction recently.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #18  
I am still surprised at that.

I throw all my old paint cans in the bon fire. One ,for fun, but it also readies them to be flattened and go in the scrap steel.

Actually, a large old swollen can of tomatoes outdid most of the paint cans in destruction recently.

I don't doubt that. I think canned fruit and veggies would be more dangerous for a fireman than ammo. Paint and solvent cans easily way more dangerous. Hairspray can...think hand grenade.

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #19  
I guess none of the last 9 posters read my post number 8.................:confused:

/ Firefighters forced to wait for 100K ammo rounds to explode #20  
Now, how about black powder cartridges in a fire?. I would be extremely wary about them. Black powder does detonate, unlike smokeless powder. I would like to see a video of black powder cartridges in a bonfire like the one above. They may not be too bad, but I bet they would be a lot worse than the smokeless cartridges.. But then again how many black powder cartridges are around. Yes I realize some people still load them for fun, but they are in the minority.