First electric tractor ride

/ First electric tractor ride #21  
Arrow, thank you for the honest review. It is the first one I have read on TBN of a person who actually drove an electric tractor. I believe that there is a place for them, as you have stated. Also the industry numbers I have seen are around 26 hours per year are average for a compact tractor. The folks here are most likely a representative of the "power users" and have much higher hours per year on average as shown in this thread.

I also found your comment about the Solectrac not charging below 32 degrees surprising. I had not heard of that before. It seems like that would kill a lot of market potential. I wonder if it has a really strong low end pulling power. Electric motors are great at maintaining power over a wider band of RPM's than an internal combustion.

I do not see myself in a position were an electric tractor will make sense for me unless the technology advances quite far. However I know many folks who own compact tractors and have never run them more than 30 minutes in one sitting. However the choice of electric vs internal combustion engine has been politicized too much. Ex: if you drive a Prius your a yuppy, etc. It should be a choice on needs, without a political aspect. With that being said I am afraid there is no way this thread is not going to turn negative with folks bashing electric. Not out of careful consideration of their needs but a more vitriol response. It is also my belief it should be a personal choice of internal vs electric without the Government forcing it down anyone's throat.

/ First electric tractor ride #22  
Was wondering where they were actually made and it wasn't mentioned in the About Us section. Looked through the News section and the angle of the photo showed the FarmTrac logo. Good luck selling them where ever there was FarmTrac dealers that got left high and dry. Pretty screwed up what happened to those dealers and customers.

/ First electric tractor ride #23  
I could see it in warmer climates but not in Wyoming.

The thing that irks me is the plug in is on top of the hood area. Couldn't put the plug in on the side?
But just think....no more wondering if the diesel tractor will start or waiting for it to warm up. Agree on the plug at the top of the hood. Duh

/ First electric tractor ride #24  
Yeah, instead it's ten degrees out and will void the warranty to even use it. 14F Minimum operating temp lol

/ First electric tractor ride #25  
Just matter of time. :censored:

/ First electric tractor ride
I seriously doubt I've spent that much in fuel on a 35 HP tractor in 21 years 2440 hours
Well, like every statistic, this could be bent toward a sales proposition. A gallon of diesel used to cost 2.69 not long ago in my neck of the woods. If they extrapolate diesel costing twice that or more and then add the service charges for oil, filters, hydraulic fluid plus the materials themselves as opposed to a do it your selfer, then proportionately I suppose they can get to those numbers.

It depends where they tag vehicle maintenance and running costs from.
Could be they used product and servicing costs from say San Luis Obispo as opposed to say a Paris Kentucky.
Last Oct when in Calif, gas was already over 5 bucks. I think some places got to $8 or more.

Last edited:
   / First electric tractor ride
Last edited:
   / First electric tractor ride #30  
This is version 1.0. I could see them being used in vineyards, small estates, schools, hospitals, commercial grounds maintenance,etc.