First fly of the year, already?

/ First fly of the year, already? #11  
I had one fly into my refrigerator earlier in the week... the first that I've seen since cold weather came last fall. I think he was a "government fly" though... something they released to combat another invasive pest. Since then I've found several G-1 ladybugs, who always find the worst places to fly into.

/ First fly of the year, already? #12  
Got my first fly today with my bug-a-salt. Seems a bit early. Maybe an early spring coming?

/ First fly of the year, already? #13  
Made a loop in the pickup yesterday. Up north thru Kettle Falls and back down. Got one big juicy bug smear on the windshield. I was driving thru areas with two feet of snow still on the ground. It WAS 46F up that way and snow was melting fast.

/ First fly of the year, already? #14  
I just saw a butterfly. This week it’s in the 60s, last week in the teens. Poor butterfly won’t find any food sources though. Nothing is growing yet.

/ First fly of the year, already? #15  
Got my first fly today with my bug-a-salt. Seems a bit early. Maybe an early spring coming?
Love my bug-a-salt.

So satisfying

/ First fly of the year, already?
Love my bug-a-salt.
I'd not heard of these. Looks like fun. Cool web site design too. I'm gonna get one. Maybe I should cross post to "Today's Gun Time"... Bug assault?

/ First fly of the year, already? #17  
Short story about my cliff swallows. I have a ten acre lake and anywhere from 400 to 600 cliff swallows nesting in a rock grotto in the basaltic lava cliffs. Ages ago my FIL bought me four white ducks. They looked kind of cool floating around the lake.

One evening while sitting out on the porch - wife and I noticed these white duck spending a lot of time down in the swallow grotto. Those damn white duck were flying up and knocking the mud nests down off the cliffs and into the lake. They would then EAT the baby swallows.

The 12 gauge solved that problem. I told my FIL that they flew off with a flock of Mallards. Actually they ended up as coyote food.

I would have never guessed that these ducks had this trait. I know that none of the other duck or geese, that visit the lake, have this propensity.