First project with the loader

/ First project with the loader #21  
So the lift is just all the way down when working and the amount of cut is controlled by the top link correct? And when you say,

You will just need to raise the top link if you hit a big rock or root.

you mean to raise the lift of I hit a root (I don't have rocks here) not the top link right?

Yes just lift with the 3 point adjustment from the drivers seat. Adjust the angle with the top link.

Other posters are correct you need to get on top of that thing and cut in same direction as the road. Making little back and forth passes in the other direction isn't very efficient. ....straddle the ridge and cut.

/ First project with the loader #22  
Looking at your pictures I would run parallel with the road for most of it. If there are places that are too steep for you then back up to the hill and pull down to the ditch dropping the dirt in the low spot. That will reduce the angle or tilt enough you can resume running parallel to the road.

If you are new to tractors and this work take your time and stop before you let the tractor tilt too much. Anytime you are digging down with your tractor be aware of utility lines you could unearth. Call before you dig.

It does take some seat time and practice to develop skill with a box blade. Don't let this frustrate you too much, the more you work it the better you will get. Just enjoy your new tractor and keep it right side up.

/ First project with the loader
So went over to Pa's to grab the box blade this morning and had to mod it a little to work with the Pats but after I got that out the way I attempted to move some dirt, the roots and straw were making it impossible and I got bent out of shape and jumped off the tractor and started trying to pile the limbs and roots by hand. Then I'm my fury some little voice in my head said "What are you doing you idiot use the root rake!" DUH!

Dropped the box blade ran over to the equipment yard and grabbed the root rake and easily combed the dirt clean amazing how that works. Now I'm inside gonna eat some lunch then fuel the tractor up and try the blade again. In don't think the pics do this justice I'd be amazed if it didn't get done today not really as bad as I thought I can almost side hill it now.

20170108_103152.jpg20170108_103221.jpg

Here's a shot from my window by my chair in the living room you can see I have to look at this every single day. Hence why I'm redoing it.
20170108_103913.jpg

/ First project with the loader #24  
Looking good! No reason at all to remove the FEL. For ground work 99.9% would leave that on.
If the box was preventing forward progress the front was too low. HOWEVER that rear mounted root rake is doing a great job so keep it going!

/ First project with the loader #25  
Looks good, once you get that done I assume you are going to clean up under the trees to get a good view of the pond?

/ First project with the loader #26  
It may be my lack of finesse with the boxblade but I usually do the rough-in with the box then move to the landscape rake to smooth the transitions and prep a seed bed.

OK enough for today needs more smoothing but I'm not having much luck with that having all the roots and straw to contend with isn't letting the dirt flow like I want so I'll have to back up and punt on the finish work, might just let the rotary mower do the finish work.

20170108_150519.jpg20170108_150543.jpg20170108_150626.jpg

Here's the pile if fill dirt I removed didn't get as much as I wanted took a lot to fill in the root balls from the azelas. Moved at least this much dirt laden roots too that was a job that fustrated me greatly they clung together and were almost impossible to scoop, needed a grapple badly.

20170108_150416.jpg

And this is the two piles of brush I removed from this hill it was an over grown mess to say the least.

20170108_151005.jpg20170108_150921.jpg

Looks good, once you get that done I assume you are going to clean up under the trees to get a good view of the pond?
That's the plan but that's gonna be a PITA from all the trees down quite a bit of chainsaw work and I want a grapple but I don't think it's in the budget right now. I have a little girl on the way in May and that has me stacking cash and my driver is out of commission for a while.

/ First project with the loader #29  
It may be my lack of finesse with the boxblade but I usually do the rough-in with the box then move to the landscape rake to smooth the transitions and prep a seed bed.

Without hydraulic top and tilt....or at least top.....it would take a lot of on off the tractor adjusting. At that point back dragging with the bucket is prob faster.

/ First project with the loader #30  
How should I go about grading this

Work it from downhill side

Work it from uphill side

Or work it along the way I took this picture?

View attachment 494201

Your driveway in that picture looks great!
Nice CROWN!
Keep that crown!...... many use a land plane to keep their driveway flat. Don't do it!
The 3 most important things are: Ditches! Ditches! Ditches! .....and ..... CROWN!