First real race of the season tomorrow

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
It's been 5 years since the Big "E" left us, love him or hate him the races just haven't had the level of excitement they did when he was racing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 827612-DSC_0081 (Large).jpg
    827612-DSC_0081 (Large).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 213
   / First real race of the season tomorrow #2  
Hope you get NBC HD to watch the race on that big screen. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ First real race of the season tomorrow
Oh yeah! When DW says "let's turn it up Boogity, Boogity, Boogity" the whole house shakes from the THX sound system, nothing like 700 watts to wake up the neighborhood!

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #4  
NASCAR /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ...give me an INDY 500 race anyday.

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #5  
DW is with NBC now? Didn't he used to be with FOX?

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #6  
LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM THE RAINBOW WARRIORS WILL WIN AGAIN /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif,JR WILL MAKE EXCUSES AGAIN /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif OOOHHHH dooooo i might have to delete this post sunday night.
ALAN

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #7  
It's just not like it used to be, when they drove real cars. Since all the big money got involved its just not as much fun.
Guess I'm getting old,hate to see change.

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #8  
Racing has changed since I was a younger.I remember CALE YARBOURO[i know thats misspelled],RICHARD PETTY,and the ALLISONS,they all banged the heck out of each other,all day long.Racing has become more scientific over the years,and because cars got so fast,rules had to be implemented,to save lives.Even though i dont like the restricter plates much,if you let them run flat out at DAYTONA,andTELLADAGA people would die for sure.Its bad enough that they all have to run togeather in the draft,so when an accident happens its a BIG ONE.Yes i agree it aint like the good ole boys of yester year,coming in off the street and runnin flat out in them old tanks,but todays cars have so much more speed,because of all the advancements[which big money paid for] its a different kind of race car and driver,more scientific,more refined.
The cars today have so many safety improvements,its hard to believe it when you see people walk away.They have even improved the walls to softer more forgiving walls.I even noticed they tarred the grassy section at DAYTONA,so drivers can avoid wrecks,and not spin in the grass,like in the busch race on saturday.Racing is still fun,but it is different thats for sure! :crazy
I cant wait to watch the race today /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
alan

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #9  
It's about a half of an hour until show time.

I'm ready.

I've got my black t shirt on that celebrates the winner of the 1998 Daytona 500.

It was a great race.

/ First real race of the season tomorrow #10  
I dunno that they have any more speed. Maybe they make it a bit differently.

I think the Superbirds and Daytonas, maybe even the Torino Talledega's, would have no problem catching and passing these cars, even if you got away from restricter plates.

I wonder how fast those Daytona's and Superbirds really could have gone? The Hemi cars were so powerful, they were already restricted, just so Ford could keep up. Chevy, well, did Chevy'/GM have any fast cars in that era?

The older cars, if put on exactly they way they were in '69-71, would be fast. But, if you added todays tire technology, and maybe shocks/springs , those cars would really fly.

The new cars though, do go pretty fast considering they are small-block cars(does a 351C qualify as a small block; Ford teams still use that block?)

The other thing about "stock cars" now, is where is a "stock" piece on those cars. You go back to the Superbirds and Talledega's, at least they had a couple factory components on them.

I still really like the racing, but the cars and driving sure aint the same.

Another interesting thing. Toyota is gonna run the Camry next year. I'm not sure if there has ever been a Camry with a V8. I'm real sure though, there aint never been a Camry with a 4bbl carb /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif The GM/Ford/Dodge have not had a carb v8 in those cars on the track now. But, at least the basic motors had a carb at one time, historically. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif