first time in the USA where should I go ?

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #121  
Oldest boy went with their scout troop to the New Jersey in Camden. I didn’t go. He said guy driving made a wrong turn and they weren’t sure they would get out.

I interviewed with a company once that tried to get me to take a position in Camden. Every other question was, would you like to work in Camden.
NO!

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #122  
Come to Colorado and spend some time just North in Wyoming.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #124  
It's hokey but fun.

We took a two week trip from northern Indiana out to Yellowstone and back.

1st day long drive to Sioux Falls, SD. Pretty town. Large Catholic church on Sunday morning.

Then we never had more than a 2 hour drive for many days.

The Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.

A couple little stops between there and Wall, SD for Wall Drug.

Spent a day in the Badlands just south of there.

Stayed 3 days in Rapid City, SD and saw Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower. We took a nice windy road from Rapid City through a large park and came through a tunnel with a great view of Rushmore. Diane Robinson Tunnel, I believe.

Deadwood and Lead, SD.

Cody, WY.

Yellowstone for 3 days.

Visited a TBN member north of Yellowstone for a couple days (RIP PJ).

Then made a long trip home, stopping at the Little Bighorn battlefield.

Lots to do in SD.
Glad you enjoyed my home state. My sister worked at Wall Drug after her freshman year at USD.

My cousin ranches near Sturgis. His family has been on the same ranch for over 150 years. The Hills north of Sturgis are beautiful.
You didn't even get to the beauty of the Coteau du Prairie in the NE part of the state. Many lakes full of fish and waterfowl.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #126  
Glad you enjoyed my home state. My sister worked at Wall Drug after her freshman year at USD.

My cousin ranches near Sturgis. His family has been on the same ranch for over 150 years. The Hills north of Sturgis are beautiful.
You didn't even get to the beauty of the Coteau du Prairie in the NE part of the state. Many lakes full of fish and waterfowl.
Wife and I would like to go back and spend another week doing day trips out of Rapid City. Lots to do there. (y)

/ first time in the USA where should I go ?
Las Vegas was nice felt very safe, but holy it is hot and the grand canyon is very impressive but also very hot I didn't really feel the difference temperature wise with Vegas to be honest ... I managed the heat pretty good over all but the wife not so much. 120 degree is a bit much even for me I must say. We did lots of shows (like 5), we hit the race track that was very fun, our horse ride was ok, the titanic exhibit was cool as well as the hover dam and the museum. I also had the best steak in my life out there .. very expensive over all and some of the stuff is straight up a scam but we are glad we went but not sure id go again...
I got some good ideas for my next vacation in here thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
   / first time in the USA where should I go ? #129  
Las Vegas was nice felt very safe, but holy it is hot and the grand canyon is very impressive but also very hot I didn't really feel the difference temperature wise with Vegas to be honest ... I managed the heat pretty good over all but the wife not so much. 120 degree is a bit much even for me I must say. We did lots of shows (like 5), we hit the race track that was very fun, our horse ride was ok, the titanic exhibit was cool as well as the hover dam and the museum. I also had the best steak in my life out there .. very expensive over all and some of the stuff is straight up a scam but we are glad we went but not sure id go again...
I got some good ideas for my next vacation in here thanks again everyone.
Great (y) Glad you had a good time. Next time visit the southwest in the spring or the fall before the bad (hot) weather hits.

/ first time in the USA where should I go ? #130  
I saw Vegas in the 60s and it was great. I took wife there a few years ago and had a panic attack! To us it's terrible. Some friends love it!