First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else?

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #41  
That is for each person to answer on thier own terms as we all have different circumstances.
For me, I would have preferred to drive 2000 miles to buy my Kioti than be stuck purchasing an other Deere or Kubota product that didn’t check all the boxes on my list.
Fortunately I didn’t have to go farther for the Kioti, they are actually closer but it would not have mattered.
Then you don't consider any distance unreasonable.

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #42  
Then you don't consider any distance unreasonable.
No actually it varies dependent on the choices at hand and what’s available. Sometimes even with the same brand the drive is more than worth it.

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #45  
No actually it varies dependent on the choices at hand and what’s available. Sometimes even with the same brand the drive is more than worth it.
I did some thinking about what you said and I think understand you now. What I think you were trying to say is getting the tractor you want with all the features and specs that you want is what is most important to you when you are in the market to purchase a tractor. You can have a good brand but a bad dealer in your local area or a dealer that is low on inventory and instead of throwing away the brand because of the bad dealer or inventory issue it may be more then worth it to drive a considerable distance away to purchase the brand that you want. Do I understand you?

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #46  
I did some thinking about what you said and I think understand you now. What I think you were trying to say is getting the tractor you want with all the features and specs that you want is what is most important to you when you are in the market to purchase a tractor. You can have a good brand but a bad dealer in your local area or a dealer that is low on inventory and instead of throwing away the brand because of the bad dealer or inventory issue it may be more then worth it to drive a considerable distance away to purchase the brand that you want. Do I understand
I did some thinking about what you said and I think understand you now. What I think you were trying to say is getting the tractor you want with all the features and specs that you want is what is most important to you when you are in the market to purchase a tractor. You can have a good brand but a bad dealer in your local area or a dealer that is low on inventory and instead of throwing away the brand because of the bad dealer or inventory issue it may be more then worth it to drive a considerable distance away to purchase the brand that you want. Do I understand you?
We are getting there. Some would also consider the price, balance thier usage in with the wieght of the risks involved with dealing with the distance, or others might already have to travel for other reasons and it then becomes less problematic to shop at more distance. While others these days don’t even go to the dealer when it’s close, they still order supplies online and do maintenance themselves.

Bottom line here is not to disagree to be harsh to you but to give insight into each person’s wants needs balanced out to who they are and allow them to decide what will and won’t work for them.

If you need your tractor now and are afraid to go 1 hour over the service interval but don’t change your own oil then maybe you need the dealership to be 5 min down the road. But if you keep a set of filters on hand and change your own fluids then maybe getting the tractor you like the best is more Ideal.

If your more afraid of getting the 1 in a hundred thousand that will be a problem from any brand then maybe buy local no matter the brand but if your the type who knows the real odds on this and don’t live in fear then get what you like the best.

Many ways to look at things, we are all different but sometimes we get locked into a one sighted view especially when buying something we have lots of questions and have lots to learn about while doing so.

The more opinions the OP sees the better they can weed threw and balance who they are with the decision at hand and make the choice that will best fit them, not you or me. It could be the same decision you or I would make but it could be a compromise between netting them the best of both? Who knows!

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #47  
We are getting there. Some would also consider the price, balance thier usage in with the wieght of the risks involved with dealing with the distance, or others might alread

y have to travel for other reasons and it then becomes less problematic to shop at more distance. While others these days don’t even go to the dealer when it’s close, they still order supplies online and do maintenance themselves.

Bottom line here is not to disagree to be harsh to you but to give insight into each person’s wants needs balanced out to who they are and allow them to decide what will and won’t work for them.

If you need your tractor now and are afraid to go 1 hour over the service interval but don’t change your own oil then maybe you need the dealership to be 5 min down the road. But if you keep a set of filters on hand and change your own fluids then maybe getting the tractor you like the best is more Ideal.

If your more afraid of getting the 1 in a hundred thousand that will be a problem from any brand then maybe buy local no matter the brand but if your the type who knows the real odds on this and don’t live in fear then get what you like the best.

Many ways to look at things, we are all different but sometimes we get locked into a one sighted view especially when buying something we have lots of questions and have lots to learn about while doing so.

The more opinions the OP sees the better they can weed threw and balance who they are with the decision at hand and make the choice that will best fit them, not you or me. It could be the same decision you or I would make but it could be a compromise between netting them the best of both? Who knows!
I can relate to what you're saying. I have a local Deere dealer here in my area that I can't stand but I really like the equipment. So last year when I was looking for flail mowers I came across a dealer up in Fort Payne that I connected with good and after several back and forth conversations I decided that is who I will be buying from if I choose a Deere instead of a Kubota. That dealer is 100 miles away from me but I don't care because I have vowed to never give my business to the local dealer after my experience with them.

We are getting there.
Tell me what I am missing.

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #48  
I can relate to what you're saying. I have a local Deere dealer here in my area that I can't stand but I really like the equipment. So last year when I was looking for flail mowers I came across a dealer up in Fort Payne that I connected with good and after several back and forth conversations I decided that is who I will be buying from if I choose a Deere instead of a Kubota. That dealer is 100 miles away from me but I don't care because I have vowed to never give my business to the local dealer after my experience with them.

Re read my post, I can’t point it out directly just point you to slightly different way of looking at things from outside our own bubles or as some say our own little world.

The real answer here is for the OP not for you or me but if you pick up on it it may benefit you in the future somehow!

/ First Time Tractor Purchase TYM? or something else? #49  

I have a Deere dealer that I don't care to buy from, but another one up the road that is great to deal with. A bit to drive, but worth the drive.