First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra #71  
Bob_Young said:
Jackster,
I think the M6040 is a great choice. Definitely get the loader. A tractor without a loader can only pull things. With a loader, it can push, lift, and carry things as well...and pull at the same time if need be.

An FEL will put some weight over those front wheels and give them traction. Riding low in the weeds, it'll make contact with the limbs and deadfalls before they get tangled up in your undercarriage or bush hog....it'll make a great grille guard. It can be used to ram the limbs, etc. back into the woods. It'll carry your chainsaws, axes, hammers, wedges and chains when you go out for firewood or to clear a deadfall. You can put your soft drinks and beer in the bucket and fill it with ice when you have a party. They'll do more than move dirt. You'll find more uses for it than you knew existed.
FWIW
Bob

I like the bucket-o-beer suggestion. Maybe the best use yet for my FEL!

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra
Great ideas for the loader. Especially like the giant ice bucket idea! Great stuff.

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra #73  
Slackdaddy said:
Final Word ! :)
All CUT's sold in the USA are "final assembled" in the USA,
The dealer uncrates them and puts em together !

Slack

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!! :D You beat me to the punch! I was going to say my Kioti had "Final Assembly" in Wallace Tractor and Equipment in PA.

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra
Well....I got my Kubota 6040 this week with the FEL and a LandPride 6ft deck mower. Got 6 hrs on it this weekend inbetween thunderstorms. Rides great..super pleased with my decision! Thanks for all the great insight and guidance to all who posted.

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra #75  
Slackdaddy said:
Not a Single CUT is "made" in the USA, period, check the castings on the axles.

Not that it matters, and I'm glad that the OP got the Kubota he wanted, but the above absolute statement is simply incorrect; period. :)

In general, when you see someone make an "absolute" statement about a tractor, you can almost always be 'absolutely' sure it is incorrect. ;)

/ First Tractor...JD vs NH vs Kubota vs Mahindra #76  
Dargo said:
Not that it matters, and I'm glad that the OP got the Kubota he wanted, but the above absolute statement is simply incorrect; period. :)

In general, when you see someone make an "absolute" statement about a tractor, you can almost always be 'absolutely' sure it is incorrect. ;)

And that's an absolute FACT! ;)