Flag change winters over

/ Flag change winters over #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
Ive read other post about members putting away their snow plows and declaring winter over but I don’t have a snow plow so I just changed flags. Kinda makes it official.

. IMG_2958.JPGIMG_2959.JPG

/ Flag change winters over #2  
That's funny. My wife has something like that, but the wind messes with it so much that you can't tell what it is right now.

/ Flag change winters over #3  
Post Your Porch Flag

We should turn this into a Post Your Porch Flag thread.

IMG_1614.JPG

/ Flag change winters over #4  
I don't have any spring time flags. I put on these shorts and do my spring sunshine dance. My son has asked that I NOT show up at his house wearing these........ View attachment 643858

/ Flag change winters over #5  
I'm a mile off the road. And, back here, the deer, groundhogs, rabbits, squirrels and coyotes just don't care much about flags. I will give it another few weeks, though, before I take the ROPS lights and blade off my John Deere... Just in case.

/ Flag change winters over #6  
Ours is still the snow man. I reminded the wife, and she said "yeah we need to change that"..

/ Flag change winters over #7  
I asked the wife "why do we have a porch flag?" She said "because they are cute!"

/ Flag change winters over #8  
I asked the wife "why do we have a porch flag?" She said "because they are cute!"

EXACTLY! Nobody sees ours unless we open the gate for them to visit which is rare.

/ Flag change winters over #9  
I'm a mile off the road.

I'm 100' from the road, but on a bad hill and I don't do anything that might cause gawkers to look away from the road. I don't do flags or decorative lights or displays of any kind. I grew a 6' hedge to hide my normal yard lights and much as possible.

By my Quince, Daffodils and Iris are happily acknowledging the change of seasons for me.

/ Flag change winters over
Its a full time job here keeping them changed out for the seasonally appropriate one. We do have a collection.
No one but us and guest ever see ours.
I have taken to placing a HF cable tie on the open end to keep the wind from taking them off.