Flail mower attachment

/ Flail mower attachment #1  

Bob Rooks

Elite Member
47.6445° N, 122.6949° W (In Washington state)
Tractor
Dozer (sold), Excavator, Skid steer (sold), Laser Dozer, Rotary trail cutter, 13 HP debris blower, 6X4 Gator. Giant G2700HD+ wheel loader.
I have a need to extend the mower about four feet in front of the machine. I think this can be easily accomplished with bracketry and longer hoses. Does anyone see a potential issue?

20190426_162236.jpg

Last edited:
   / Flail mower attachment #2  
I can't imagine it'd be a problem, you're not operating it up in the air I would assume.

/ Flail mower attachment
I can't imagine it'd be a problem, you're not operating it up in the air I would assume.
Occasionally about four to five feet to come down on some scotch broom.

/ Flail mower attachment #4  
I would not do it unless you have more weight added to the rear or rent a machine with counterweights attached like a new holland, JCB or newer case skid steer.
You have all that weight extended over the machine's actual length and it will cause a tip over or worse because that total weight and extended length is not balanced by an opposing weight that is greater and within the centerline of the machine.

/ Flail mower attachment
I would not do it unless you have more weight added to the rear or rent a machine with counterweights attached like a new holland, JCB or newer case skid steer.
You have all that weight extended over the machine's actual length and it will cause a tip over or worse because that total weight and extended length is not balanced by an opposing weight that is greater and within the centerline of the machine.
I have decided to go with the swivel caster setup like what's on the Dual Dozer, which incidentally weighs at least twice that of the flail, and the skid steer picks and carries it with no problem.

20170529_153256.jpg