Backhoe Flail on M59 backhoe

/ Flail on M59 backhoe #1  

Charlesaf3

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030, Kubota M59 TLB
Have to change a hose on my rockhound, and while messing around on rockhound's site found this

http://www.rockhound.com/09 30EXHD.pdf

The 30exhd flail mower mounts via quick attach instead of the bucket, and runs off thumb hydraulics it looks. Totally cool. I guess it would be a substitute for a boom mower - wonder what it costs? Probably crazy price.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe
checked price - $8,462 plus accessories. Ouch. Still, cheaper than a boom mower for someone I bet

/ Flail on M59 backhoe #3  
checked price - $8,462 plus accessories. Ouch. Still, cheaper than a boom mower for someone I bet

I doubt even a M59 has enough hydraulic flow through the FEL circuit to run one of those puppies. If I recall, with the Toolcat you need to opt for a high output hydraulic option to run a front mower.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe
Ductape - Of course I need one! I am the biggest sucker for tools ever. I can even think of what I'd use it for. But the price gives me pause.

IslandTractor - its spec'd for the m59, actually is the tractor in the pic of the unit. Takes 13GPM, and the thumb circuit should have 16 or so. They size it at 40" to cut down the load I'd guess. They even have a smaller size which requires less flow.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe #6  
I took an old push mower the type with the collapsible handle{in half} and use it with my mini excavator, works great especially around the ponds. All I did was collapse the handle hooked the top part{grip area} of the handle to the front part of the mower. Then I strengthened up the handle so that it would fit on the quick release of the ex. I can hook it up in a few seconds and start mowing. It pivots front to back but not side to side. total cost, a few pennies for weld rod{strengthen handle}.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe
Thats a really cool idea, you should post a picture of it.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe #8  
I have lots of pictures that I think folks would like, BUT I'm kind of a dumby when it comes to computer stuff. I've been trying to get my wife to show me how to hook up the pictures. When/if she gets some free time I'll bug her.

/ Flail on M59 backhoe #9  
I have lots of pictures that I think folks would like, BUT I'm kind of a dumby when it comes to computer stuff. I've been trying to get my wife to show me how to hook up the pictures. When/if she gets some free time I'll bug her.

If you could figure out how to email them, no doubt there are plenty of us here who would be happy to post some here for you.