Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000?

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #11  
FWIW, I run a 62" on a BX2200. Woodmaxx FM62 at 650#with Y grass knives. Turns it just fine and it mows very, very nicely.

I would do 84" on a MX5000.

I would also go with Y grass knives. You'll also be able to use it to mow your lawn.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #12  
Look at your Kubota Operators Manual. There will be a page where Kubota recommends the max size for major implements.

Like most manufacturers the recommended max is pretty conservative. Liability and all that crap.....

Mine says for flail mowers - 120" wide (max) and 1780 pounds (max).

That would allow me to operate a flail mower larger than my wildest dreams.

Also - a whole lot larger than my pocket book.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #13  
Mentioning wildest dreams... Me having my flail mower is what I've always wanted since I was a kid. They are neat machines.

Yeah, I'm a little weird... haha

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #14  
No - DEFINITELY NOT WEIRD. You know what you want - you finally got it - be happy.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #15  
No - DEFINITELY NOT WEIRD. You know what you want - you finally got it - be happy.
Oh trust me, I am happy.

I take very, very good care of my flail mower.

Gets cleaned and greased up right after I get done using it, and I even throw some wax it at the end of the season. It gets stored inside my barn in a place where nothing will hit or damage it.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000?
Thanks again everybody for the helpful input. I ended up going with a Titan FMH 205 which is 80” working width and has hydraulic side shift. It shipped from the dealer via common carrier. I worked yesterday to get it all hooked up and running. I took it for a spin yesterday afternoon around one of my fields. I don’t have the hydraulic side shift hooked up yet but everything else is running nice. As delivered the right side of the mower overhangs the right of the tractor by 20” or so.

I set it at the second to highest cutter height - about 3-1/2” - and ran it through the perimeter of my field which ended up being about half-bite of thick, tall brush. The other half of the working width was hay mowed maybe a month ago. Running in L-2 it chugged right through the stuff and left a decent mulched path behind it.

I ran one lap of the smallish field and turned around to cut a second pass just to see what it looked like and that’s when I found the hornets nest. I went to find something else to do for the rest of the afternoon, real quick like. I’m sure I looked funny sprinting thru the field. I went back out after dark to retrieve the tractor… :)

I am satisfied with the cutter head width so far. Thanks again everyone.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #17  
Glad to hear that you are satisfied with the way it works. ALSO - very glad we don't have ground dwelling hornets/yellow jackets around here. Yes - we do have both but they make their nests on tree branches. Perhaps easier to see/avoid.

/ Flail Size for a Kubota MX5000? #18  
I have an 84" Bestco that I run for 2 seasons on my 50 hp Terex machine. I plan to put it on my new to me MX5200 52hp machine asap. It runs great on a 50 hp tractor.
At 84" you can offset it to the drivers right side to get close to fences and such without worry of running into or over anything.