Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ?

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #11  
Go with the Pioneers.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #12  
Go with your preference based on cost, cleanliness and convenience. Either style will have sufficient flow for your needs.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #13  
Guess, I'm an oddball here then .... I ran into a similar situation, but didn't change either connector - I just took a set of 90° elbows and set of each connector and made a ag/flat face adapter.

Solves the problem forever more without having to buy any more parts if/when future implements also come with flat face connectors and I want to use them with my ag 3rd function connectors on the tractor.

Could also have a section of hose made up with your favorite style of threading and add the appropriate quick connects to each end ..... which reminds me I still need to do that so I can have some gender changing adapters for the rear remotes.....

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #14  
Guess, I'm an oddball here then .... I ran into a similar situation, but didn't change either connector - I just took a set of 90° elbows and set of each connector and made a ag/flat face adapter.

Solves the problem forever more without having to buy any more parts if/when future implements also come with flat face connectors and I want to use them with my ag 3rd function connectors on the tractor.

Could also have a section of hose made up with your favorite style of threading and add the appropriate quick connects to each end ..... which reminds me I still need to do that so I can have some gender changing adapters for the rear remotes.....

One nice think about making up adapters (hoses might be easier if needed on the tractor attached couplers—probably unusual) is if the attachment has built up heat and pressure with flat face connector this is difficult to relieve, Pioneers not so much.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #15  
My Kubota M6040, obviously, has Ag connectors. They have been trouble free for the twelve years I've owned this tractor.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #16  
I think the most important accessory for pioneer connectors are the caps and plugs. Keep the crud out.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #17  

I had to build 2 adapters for my Grapple (flat face couplers) so when I disconnect it I can easily relieve pressure. Not sure if it is my altitude but after I take the grapple off (after relieving all pressure via the joystick) it is impossible to mate the couplers to the tractor again without relieving pressure on the grapple lines. So I made 2 ff to ag adapters, now I just tap the detent ball to relieve, then remove the adapters and hook the ff couplers back up to the machine. Works great, but set me back $75 to make the short hoses. Thats why I said just go Ag (sorry I called them Pioneer).

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #18  
To handle the problem of pressure build up in detached implements I made a couple devices that consist of a tee, two ag couplers, and a valve and cap on the other leg of the tee. When I remove the attachment I plug the device into it. Then when I want to put the attachment on, I can undo the cap, let the pressure out, and remove the device from the couplers.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #19  
I have a male and female AG (pioneer) coupler on my grapple, and when I store it I plug them together. Keeps them clean. I also plug them in and then disconnect them again and them connect them again when storing. This helps prevent the pressure built up that can occur as it settles or has heat gain. The drop or two of fluid loss from the disconnect makes all the difference in the world when plugging the into the tractor. ALSO since they are of opposite sex you cannot mess up which hose goes where. Two problems solved (dirt exclusion) and pressure build up with one operation.

/ Flat faced or Ag style hydraulic connectors ? #20  
I had to build 2 adapters for my Grapple (flat face couplers) so when I disconnect it I can easily relieve pressure. Not sure if it is my altitude but after I take the grapple off (after relieving all pressure via the joystick) it is impossible to mate the couplers to the tractor again without relieving pressure on the grapple lines. So I made 2 ff to ag adapters, now I just tap the detent ball to relieve, then remove the adapters and hook the ff couplers back up to the machine. Works great, but set me back $75 to make the short hoses. Thats why I said just go Ag (sorry I called them Pioneer).
Very valid point - it's not the cheapest to assemble an adapter and if a person will only ever have to do change the connection type once changing the implement isn't much a big deal.

Biggest reason I went down the route of adapters is that I expect I'll probably buy more implements in the future that are sold with flat face connectors ....or a machines that uses flat face connectors rather than ag connectors. So I figure making adapters quickly becomes a cheaper route than changing the couplers every time I get something that doesn't match the rest of the connections.

The reason I went with the 90° elbow for the loader 3rd function was to avoid having a large rigid adapter cantilevered off the tractor's quick connects.