Flat tire oops!

/ Flat tire oops! #1  

Phillip w

Platinum Member
Tractor
allis Chalmers 185 and massey ferguson 1531
I've junked out alot of old machinery and what not just cleaning things up. Well i found oan old plow shear today with the rear tractor tire on my allis. Pshhh! Oops! Good thing i saved some of those old john deere 55 combine tires. It is a buggar to change them though.

/ Flat tire oops! #3  
I knew a guy that once blew a tire on a bulldozer...now how is that possible?

He had a half-buried bulldozer track out back, hit it with his tractor, and "boom", there goes his front tire on his tractor! :)

As for changing your tire, youtube can be your friend. I have a different method now that I have a log loader, but before that used the chain and jack method with quick success. Maybe it will help...

/ Flat tire oops! #4  
I re-tired an old JD B once. Just lay'd the tire on the cement floor and put a board up on the tire and drove up the board with my truck. Helps if you slosh a little heavily soapy water on the perimeter of the rim first. Does about the same thing as that contraption above.... [ any day you can use the word ' contraption ' is a good day.. :) ]

/ Flat tire oops! #5  
I re-tired an old JD B once. Just lay'd the tire on the cement floor and put a board up on the tire and drove up the board with my truck. Helps if you slosh a little heavily soapy water on the perimeter of the rim first. Does about the same thing as that contraption above.... [ any day you can use the word ' contraption ' is a good day.. :) ]
:thumbsup: :laughing:
I've broken down many tires using that method. It seems like smaller tires are hardest to break down. When I dismounted a couple of tractor trailer tires for the rims for my beanhole, I was amazed at how easily they came apart.

A woodsplitter can work, also, with a little finagling.

/ Flat tire oops! #6  
Use electric chipping hammer, w/ wide semi-dull spatula blade. The bottom edge of the loader QA adapter will also work. These days though, I just use my finger, to call my local AG Tire dealer to dispatch a service truck. Found this solution works best if there is value to your time and lower back.

Phillip,

Disappointed to see you were having great difficulty w/ you MF tractor. Do remember those spirited discussions concerning your mighty koyker loader. Wondering if the damaged tire was loaded w/ liquid.?

/ Flat tire oops!
This is a very helpful video. Luckily old john deere combine tires bolt right up to allis chalmers tractors. IMG_20180320_174359.jpgIMG_20180320_174359.jpg20180330_154713.jpgIMG_20180405_183923.jpg

/ Flat tire oops!
Use electric chipping hammer, w/ wide semi-dull spatula blade. The bottom edge of the loader QA adapter will also work. These days though, I just use my finger, to call my local AG Tire dealer to dispatch a service truck. Found this solution works best if there is value to your time and lower back.

Phillip,

Disappointed to see you were having great difficulty w/ you MF tractor. Do remember those spirited discussions concerning your mighty koyker loader. Wondering if the damaged tire was loaded w/ liquid.?
No fluid in the tires, just old john deere 55 combine tires. 18.4 _26. Nothing special or spectacular. I still use that old koyker pretty hard. Jacking vehicles, junking old machinery, pushing trees etc. Ya she's a little clumsy and awkward to run. However, wgat it can handle and do offsets the clumsy awkwardnes.

/ Flat tire oops! #9  
Ahhhh the goodies we find w/our tractors...sometimes :rolleyes: another times :confused2: