Flatty

/ Flatty #1  

Alien

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK30 HST
Had to drive home backwards the other day sliding on the bucket with front wheels in the air. I tore the front tyre valve off bushing brush. Erk!

/ Flatty
Actually SSDoxie, they come fitted with a tube so I just have to put a new one in.
Not cheap either, but rather that than a tyre...

/ Flatty #4  
How far? How's the bucket look?
The distance could really make or break the story here. :laughing:

/ Flatty #5  
oh...whew. I saw the title and thought..."why are they talking about my wife?"

:dance1:

/ Flatty
LOL No my wife dosen't read ByNet but she saw me coming home and thought that was a great idea. About 1/4 of a mile with only my gravel driveway and the rest was on grass up the side of the road. Bucket is fine. Hardly a mark on it as I tipped it to ride slightly on it's front edge. Hizoot that is funny.. lol
New tube $25.00 and 15 minutes work and she is all good again.
Cheers

/ Flatty #8  
Did you consider welding on a valve guard while you had the tube out? A little one inch piece of pipe can help protect the stems in brush. Actually in the US I think most Kioti wheels have those as standard now.

/ Flatty #9  
Just remember never weld on a wheel with the tire on it even if the bead is broken there are videos of tires exploding when welding on the rim
Just a reminder be safe not sorry

/ Flatty
Island Tractor, Never thought about it. I will have a look at the new Kiotis in the next day or two at the local dealer. I don't think it would be worth going to the bother on these rims though. In the future I am looking at getting another set of rims with the turf type tyres as I am running ags at the moment. I like the idea of the wider tread. My ags break through the surface crust too easy after prolonged rain.
lunbrjck. Being a retired mechanic I am very aware of what rims can do. Might be a timely reminder for others though.
Cheers