Fluid level

/ Fluid level #1  

SylvainG

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti LK30
I get the hydraulic fluid in the middle of the tank's eyelet only when the engine is off and all rods are extented (FEL and Backhoe). If I lower the FEL and retract the backhoe, the eyelet is fully covered by hydraulic fluid. Is it normal or is there too much fluid in the tank? It's a Kioti LK30 and when I open the tank fill port, it's not even close to be filled. The eyelet is about 4" from the top of the tank.

Thanks.

/ Fluid level #2  
The position of the rams will determine level of fluids in tank.... With rams retracted the rods in the cylinders displace more fluid there for tank level is higher, with rams extended the cylinder will require more fluid (volume) to fill space in cylinder, there for level of tank will be less, its all about volumes and capacities.... IF all rams extended and fluid is below level in sight glass, and with all ram retracted lever of fluid is above sight glass I would say you are ok.... Its all about volume displacement by ram position...

Dale

/ Fluid level #3  
Eyelet on my 2025R has always been covered. Didn't catch it when filling to stop at mid point. Took something to act as a dipstick and put in down the inlet hole and then brought it out and measured how far down the level was. Enough room for expansion. It's just a tank, folks. Just need enough oil to cover the pump and some to allow some cooling and not too high level such that temperature expansion (not much) won't run it over the top.