Folded Massey

/ Folded Massey #1  

GaryM

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4100 Hydro
I found these pictures on a non-tractor website and do not remember seeing them here. They are recent, last month according to the date, and are quite dramatic. The story given is that he was trundling down the road towing a trailer when the FEL dropped and dug into the road surface bringing everything to a quick stop. I have no other details, perhaps another member does.

Attachments

• Massey005.jpg
    Massey005.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 1,110
  • Massey008.jpg
    Massey008.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,414
  • Massey009.jpg
    Massey009.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2,094
   / Folded Massey #2  
It's already posted on here, under Massey bucket drag or something like that under the MF Forum.

/ Folded Massey #3  
With that short wheelbase, it must make a very agile and manoeuverable loader tractor !! ;)

/ Folded Massey
I've never looked at that forum, so missed it. I'll have to look and see if there are any more details. I'd have expected to see it under Safety.

/ Folded Massey #6  
Wow, what a tragic event. As a OTL (obsessed tractor lover) when I opened those pics I have to admit....I almost PUKED! ;)

/ Folded Massey #7  
If it ain't broken, don't fix it DOES NOT APPLY.

/ Folded Massey #8  
Now I've seen everything. I can't believe it just folded in half like that and ended up on it's own bucket! I'll bet the trailer he was towing kept it from flipping over doing an endo.
Was the operator alright?

/ Folded Massey #9  
Would be interesting to know how fast he was going and how big of a trailer he was pulling. From what I can see that was not a gooseneck but more like one of theses "jeeps" that they use between two semi trailers. If this is the case the trailer could have been 40' longand heavily loaded. Any thoughts?

/ Folded Massey #10  
Dang.. what a nice way to mess up a good tractor..

Soundguy