Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start.

/ Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start. #1  

Mudder

Tractor
Kubota B7800
After months of intermittent crank but no start with no fuel stop solenoid “click”, finally fixed it by replacing the relay, ACA12115 (CA1a-12V-A-5) located inside the dash and beside the tachometer cable. Checked all grounds and even got a new battery. The solenoid passed a bench test with 12v applied, but replaced with OEM one anyway and the problem still persisted. Then searched here and found reference to the relay and ordered a compatible one off Amazon. Tractor started right up. Will repost if problem returns.
Lessons learned: Tight clearance on the inside 10mm fuel stop solenoid bolt, but a 1/4 ratchet and deep socket worked. Loosen the tachometer cable clip under the hood for slack to remove it and the dash guages for access to the relay plug (circled). Do not have to remove the lower dash cowling. Hope this helps others as prior members comments helped fix my issue. Thanks all.
IMG_2877.jpegIMG_3258.jpegIMG_3257.jpegIMG_3078.jpegIMG_3095.jpegIMG_3096.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start. #2  
Thank you for the tutorial. I hoard information and this is right down my alley.

/ Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start. #3  
I agree thanks for the information, I have the same tractor and it is filed away.

/ Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start. #4  
Thanks Mudder for posting the info. I have a 2003 B7800 that has been having the occasional "crank but won't start" problem. And when it occurs there is no "click" of the solenoid engagement.
This thread and your precourser thread "B7800 dash panel removal? Stop solenoid removal tip." at
solved the problem, now I know what is going on and how to fix it.

By the way, there is great background info on how these Solenoids function the their purpose at
orange tractor talks dot com /forums /threads /function-of-stop-solenoid.52737
just delete the spaces in the above

/ Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start.
Thanks Mudder for posting the info. I have a 2003 B7800 that has been having the occasional "crank but won't start" problem. And when it occurs there is no "click" of the solenoid engagement.
This thread and your precourser thread "B7800 dash panel removal? Stop solenoid removal tip." at
solved the problem, now I know what is going on and how to fix it.

By the way, there is great background info on how these Solenoids function the their purpose at
Glad it helped. I now have a intermittent related problem and fix that cropped up. Seems I have a electrical connection issue under the dash affecting the solenoid “click”. I can open the dash panel and move the left side wires around and move the wires and make the solenoid function. Cleaned all connector plugs with CRC electronic spay but it still persist. Might have compromised a connection/wire during prior work. Easy work around for now.

/ Follow up with fix- B7800 no fuel stop solenoid activation. Crank, no start. #6  

Why not just post the link directly? I looked and after doing what you suggested, with respect to deleting the spaces, I also had to change the dot specified to a .

Even then I got a list of possible threads, so no idea which one you were referring to...(n)