Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #101  
Egg yolk & sugar
You separate the yolk out from the white
raw
Put in on/in a spoon
Sprinkle sugar over it

idk my mom would give this to me every once in a while
she was born during the war in France and lived there during post-war scarcity, this may have affected her consideration of "this is good stuff"

To be honest it's tasty
The other day I had a raw yolk (sans sucre) just randomly decided to eat one while separating eggs for a different recipe and it made me think of that childhood treat
I’ve had that. Only we stirred up the yolk.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #102  
   / Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #103  
Lutefisk. It's a Norwegian thing. I grew up in a Norwegian house. Xmas turkey & Lutefisk - Thanksgiving ham & Lutefisk - and any major Scandinavian holiday - Lutefisk.

It's definitely an acquired taste. I like it now - as a kid - UGG.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #104  
CEF9D66A-45FE-461D-81E8-2C36209A52EF.jpeg

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #105  
Popcorn in a glass with milk.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #108  
Salted shaked raw egg with pieces of bread in it
I used to eat what's typically called "eggs in a basket" - we called it "frog in a hole". Still did occasionally.

Favorite part is dipping the round toast in the runny yolk; not unlike the above

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #109  
I don't have much to add to this thread. We ate pretty normal stuff and the worst thing was liver. My Mom pan fried it til it was like leather. I remember sitting at the dinner table alone at 9pm with my cold liver still in front of me.

In later years she didn't over cook it and served it with bacon or in a red tomato sauce. I still didn't like it.

My Granma (from Ireland) made great kidney stew. And real Irish soda bread. And the best apple pie I've ever had. My wife make a very good apple pie but not as good as Granma.

I remember Fizzies and PopRocks. Sometimes we had Kool Aid but not much. 9 people and one income makes for lots of potatoes.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #110  
Liver is great with caramelized onion, bacon and brown gravy!
First I fry a pound of bacon.
Then I remove the bacon and put some sliced sweet onion in the bacon grease and let it get soft.
Then I dredge the liver in flour, salt, and pepper, and lay it on the onions.
When the blood comes up through the flour, I flip it over for about 2 more minutes and it's done.

😛