Pan Fried Flounder
Creamed Chip Beef on Toast
Ox Tail Strew
Cornish Game Hen
Liver
German Style Potatoes
Head Cheese

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #24  
Cuban bread with premium olive oil , onions, and avocados.
Legal hunted black bear meat .
Crayfish tail meat cooked quick with a Bic lighter as an appetizer till you got to camp or home .
Rattlesnake battered " bites " .

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today
Great Aunts used to make Serbian nut roll. I really miss this treat. Cannot find it like they made it

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #26  
I love pickled eggs and try something new every few months or so. Wife doesn't like them, so I can get pretty extreme with the spices and experiment at will. A well spiced, pickled egg is a joy to eat.

It is interesting that you can still buy Vlasic Cucumber Pickles in the 80 FL OZ, 2 QT + 1 PT, glass jars for less than 4 dollars. These come complete with reusable lids that have the vacuum "pop" feature to tell if other canning worked. I don't think I could buy just the jar and lid for that. :)

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #27  
Fried squirrel
Fried cottontail rabbit
Chicken egg bag (in chicken and noodles)
Pickled pig's feet
Head cheese
Fried quail
Fresh wild blackberries and Jelly
Possum grape jelly
Sand plum jelly
Fried beef heart

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #28  
My Dad loved to shoot and eat doves, pretending to be an English Aristocrat. And then bring them home for my mother, and only my mother, or me, to some how make a meal out of them and pick out all the pellets. Even 30 doves, doesn't make a meal for five people, and you had to be careful about the left over shot in the bird, which was lead then.... Oh, those wonderful memories. :)

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #29  
My Dad loved to shoot and eat doves, pretending to be an English Aristocratic. And then bring them home for my mother, and only my mother, or me, to some how make a meal out of them and pick out all the pellets. Even 30 doves, doesn't make a meal for five people, and you had to be careful about the left over shot in the bird, which was lead then.... Oh, the memories. :)
I remember dove hunting and eating the breasts. That’s about the only meat on a dove.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #30  
Breast is all i eat on a woodcock or partridge.