Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #231  
You're welcome to it. :sick: I'm mostly Russian heritage, and it was something my father really liked growing up. My mother occasionally made it for him, and my siblings and I would have to eat it too. If not the nastiest thing I've ever eaten, it's in the top 10.

Jasper, what do you mean when you say cabbage with root bulbs? What spices do you put in with the cabbage? I like it myself, but the only way my wife will eat it is in coleslaw.
There are lot of different versions of borsch.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #232  
Always preferred stuffed cabbage to cabbage soup or borsch. In fact, had a great meal of it last night with leftovers for tonight.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #233  
I like cabbage, especially with corned beef. Like it simple, cooked with sausage occasionally and even fried. Besides, if you have stomach problems or arthritis it might help; seems to help mine.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #234  
I like cabbage, especially with corned beef. Like it simple, cooked with sausage occasionally and even fried. Besides, if you have stomach problems or arthritis it might help; seems to help mine.
Same here, I like cabbage with corned beef, also eat a lot of coleslaw, sauerkraut and kimchi too. I like it a lot.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #235  
   / Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #236  
I’ve always known that as SOS (sh.. on a shingle)
Not the most complimentary term

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #237  
Chip beef with cream gravy heated on toast...don't forget to add pepper.
OK, yup we had it but called it "chip beef on toast" (y).

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #238  
I’ve always known that as SOS (sh.. on a shingle)
Not the most complimentary term
It's funny "our" SOS was whatever meat we brought home and mom would chop it up with onions and other things with sometimes a red sauce and sometimes a cream sauce.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #239  
Always preferred stuffed cabbage to cabbage soup or borsch. In fact, had a great meal of it last night with leftovers for tonight.
Wow, haven't had that in ages. Always liked it as a kid. Maybe make up a batch this weekend. (y)