For all the new MT125 owners out there

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #1  

LS Tractor Owner

Tractor
LS XG3025 TLB, Previously MT125 TLB, Craftsman GTS6500
I just got a call from LS tractor in NC about the oil drain plug issue. There is a "kit" that was sent to the dealers as a fix for the drain plug hitting the axle when removing it to drain the oil. LS is replacing the original plug with a new smaller head plug. they also informed me there is a relay that needs to be changed with a different relay in the kit. (not sure what relay it is, but I will find out from my dealer after the holiday). Also there is a bracket to be installed on the upper top link of the 3 point hitch. (dealer told me about this one). the guy from LS also mentioned something about a rod on the pedals for the HST. When I get more info about these "updates" next week, I'll post the info. It's all covered under warranty if you take it into the dealer. Unfortunately for me, my closest LS dealer is about 500mi away. They are going to ship the "kit" directly to me.

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #2  
I am taking in mine for 50 hour service next week. I was going to try it myself, but the dealer called me saying there were these fixes from LS. Thanks for the detailed update!

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #3  
IMG_20170927_095531520.jpg

I had the 50 hour service completed and that included the things you mentioned (drain plug, HST relay, and some other items). I bought a used three-point hitch chipper and am looking at putting on the hitch arms. There isn't anything in the manual about actually putting on the link arms. The lower bar that the stabilizers and lower link arms attach to does not have very much clearance with the tires. Do I really need to remove a rear wheel to take on and off the three-point hitch arms?

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #4  
should be able to slide the bar into the rim, put on 1 side and do the same for the other. Thats how you do it on the xj2025

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #5  
should be able to slide the bar into the rim, put on 1 side and do the same for the other. Thats how you do it on the xj2025

I will try that. The bar does not slide easily, I will put more effort into getting it pushed to one side to see if I can do that. I didn't want to spend much time on getting it out if I needed the tire off anyway.

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #6  
1506601140203.jpg

I ended up taking off both wheels to get on the lower link arms. The bar doesn't slide easily when it is in both sides of the frame on the back. I had to use a rubber mallet to push it out. Because we couldn't pull it out both wheels had to come off. Once we got it out putting on the link arms was easy. Now I am hoping there is a way to remove parts and position what is left of the three point to get the backhoe on without taking off a wheel. I am not sure there is.

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #7  
that really sucks to have to remove the wheels. Looks like from the picture the rod only has 1 pin and a crimp flare on the other side? make sure to use some moly when putting the rod back in or corrosion could make it much... much harder next time.

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #8  
that really sucks to have to remove the wheels. Looks like from the picture the rod only has 1 pin and a crimp flare on the other side? make sure to use some moly when putting the rod back in or corrosion could make it much... much harder next time.

There is just one hairpin on each side. The rod is pretty simple with just the two holes drilled in it on each side. I am not sure what a crimp flare is and a quick search did not help me figure it out.

/ For all the new MT125 owners out there #9  
I was looking at a picture of the back of a XJ2025 and see that the wheels are quite a bit further apart than on the MT125. It is just a very small tractor.

XJ2025 I found elsewhere on TBN
436930d1439118924-xj2025-owners-tractor1-jpg

MT125 picture I took yesterday
IMG_20170927_095543314.jpg

Last edited:
   / For all the new MT125 owners out there #10  
I contacted my dealer and they confirmed that a rear wheel needs to be removed to put on or take off the three-point hitch. Very frustrating.