For Sale Add Definitions

/ For Sale Add Definitions #1  

Paystar

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620
Thought I'd compile a list of antique tractor for sale add definitions. Lately I've been looking at antique tractors to buy and have been using Kijiji and Facebook Southern Ontario Antique Equipment Buy and Sell.
So for all the other perspective buyers out here, here is a list to help you understand the terms used in all the adds.

1 "Fully Restored"
Apparently "restoration" means spraying the tractor with rattle cans bought from TSC or Peavey Mart. Not necessary to remove dents and scratches.

2. "Mint", "As New" or "Perfect Shape" means it has oil leaks from every gasketed surface and o-ring. No brakes. Missing bushings. Non-functioning three point hitch and/or hydraulics.

3. "Ready To Go To Work"
As long as you don't need a functioning three point hitch or PTO.

4. "Ran Last Year"
Means it don't run now.

5. "Has minor carburetor issue"
Means I can't get it running no matter what I tried.

6. "Rebuilt Engine"
Means I changed a spark plug or sprayed engine with that rattle can from TSC.

7. "All new fluids"
Means "I added oil, but it's still a gallon low"

8. Add showing "Top Links of all sizes and colors"
The ones that were removed from all the tractors they have sold because every one I have looked at did not include a top link.

9. "That's just a spill"
No, that is a leak.

10. "Here are pics"
Of coarse they will be low resolution so you can't zoom in on all the imperfections. Or they will be blurry. Or the tractor will be wet (to make paint look shiny) because "oh, I was just washing it."

Feel free to add any more buying tips.

/ For Sale Add Definitions #4  
"Ran when parked"

I also laugh at the "rebuild in a can" that colored the rubber tires around the wheel.

Bruce

/ For Sale Add Definitions #5  
Been through the Shop” = BS

“Field Ready” = Once you get it into the field, it’s ready for repairs.

”Farmer Owned” = Worked to death. The farmers son probably ran it for thousands of hours without breaking out a grease gun or changing the oils.

/ For Sale Add Definitions #8  
Rare find = price inflated by %
Even if the reason it’s rare, is because no one wanted it to begin with.

Barn find. = seller has no knowledge about it at all, will most likely be home to mice, rats, snakes, squirrels, raccoons, or a combination of them all..

/ For Sale Add Definitions #9  
"No visible rust"! = found in field in a low humidity region. But the stright up exhaust didn't have a hinged flapper or a tin can placed over the exhaust to keep out the rain.
All the rust is internal to the exhaust valve train.

/ For Sale Add Definitions #10  
I'm always looking at used (and abused tractors) all the time and one thing I've noticed around here is. the '5 gallon finish' always applies and most people paint right over the dried on grease as well. That seems especially true with older JD tractors for some reason, don't know why.

Of course the seller always wants way too much for them because they are after all John Deere.

Other day there was what appeared to be a nice 4020 for sale on the roadside. from a distance it looked good but the closer I got, the worse it looked. Pretty typical around here.