Comparison For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010?

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #1  

XMS

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320
Kioti experts: Given the choice between an RX7320 with PowerShuttle and an NX6010HST, what would you suggest?

I have an choice between both at near the same price. Both have cabs, front-end loader, third-function on the front and at least two remotes on the back. My primary use would be skidding logs out of our woods, plus general maintenance of the same. Sometimes our logs are heavy or get drug up a hill, but usually I work for the easier trees. My 34-year old Deutz Allis died - it was about 30-ish HP and could usually drag them out with a chain on the FEL in creeper mode. I fall into hobby farmer/wood maintainer category and don't have wide open fields to worry about. Lots of trees and hills. We raised hogs for a while but do not do so anymore.

I like the idea of the heaver 7320, but have a few concerns: the RX warranty period is only 4 years instead of 6 for the NX line; the bigger RX would be tougher to move around the woods; and my kids and wife might prefer an HST over a Powershuttle.

Thoughts I am having:

• Our recently deceased tractor was an old-school manual with clutch and I had to feather it a lot for close-in work. The NX HST would absolutely own that kind of work. Not sure how much hassle a powershuttle is in the same circumstance because I've only ever worked with HST or manual tractors. If anyone with experience working a powershuttle can opine, I'd appreciate your thoughts.
  • The weight of the RX would go a long way when dragging stuff out of the woods, and make a great base for a skidder/winch on the back. My brother has a Bobcat 45 HP (older one made by Daedong/Kioti, basically a DK I think) with the same setup and has not had problems. So I'm not sure I need the bigger unit.
  • Price: is the RX a "better" value at about $38K delivered? I got prices on the NX and RX from multiple dealers and the NX prices are competitive with each other. Dealer wants the RX gone. It was not a demo unit - I'm told it was ordered for snow removal and never picked up; it is gathering dust in a suburban area where 25HP is a big tractor. Dealer openly says that it won't sell unless some municipality or whatever needs it next year for snow.
  • I'm guessing our old tractor could only do about 1000 pounds before maxing out the hydraulics on the FEL. Both of these (on paper) crush that. If I threw a grapple on the front, or some pallet forks is the extra heft of the RX really going to help much?
  • As a side note, my wife is tiny and had a hard time operating the clutch and gears of the old tractor. The RX is bigger and I think her legs would have a hard time there, too. The HST would be easier for her, for sure.
  • My local Massey dealer said their compact unit frames are not for our kind of work (honesty is refreshing) and a Kubota Grand L or TLB seems spendy. I can get an LS but something about them seemed less refined than the Kioti. Deere makes Kubota look cheap. Those are about my only options around here, and the Kioti is the furthest drive from any dealers (three within 90 minutes).

I'm honestly tempted by the "more tractor is better" line of thought with the RX, but I think the NX operation might be more convenient. The NX will get used more because my wife can drive it (a good thing). It would also fit in the woods better. I think both are way more than what we had a few weeks ago and both would what we need.

Not having much Kioti experience (my brother is 600 miles away), I'd like to hear what you all think. Thanks in advance.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #2  
I'd go RX. Hydrostatic won't last as long as a gear driven tractor. The RX maneuvers very well and seat will adjust for the wife.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #3  
I'd go RX. Hydrostatic won't last as long as a gear driven tractor. The RX maneuvers very well and seat will adjust for the wife.

I don't agree with this statement.Check around this site for HST failures...………...

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #4  
As for someone who just traded in their NX6010 for a RX7320 I can tell you the RX is A LOT more tractor. I feel this tractor is about 50% larger than the 6010 in every category. Just looking at the size of various pieces/parts compared to the 6010, the 7320 is just beefier and heavier. The lost power to the PTO to the HST on the 6010 is one of the biggest differences I notice. That being said, I do miss the HST transmission, but am getting used to the PowerShuttle. But its the trade-off for the additional horsepower. I do find myself having to feather the clutch as well to do very slow creeping, like hooking up to an implement; the HST was much better about this. I do wonder if I am hurting the clutch by doing this, but I see no other way of doing it. Just putting it in Low 1st still doesn't give you the necessary control.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #5  
As for someone who just traded in their NX6010 for a RX7320 I can tell you the RX is A LOT more tractor. I feel this tractor is about 50% larger than the 6010 in every category. Just looking at the size of various pieces/parts compared to the 6010, the 7320 is just beefier and heavier. The lost power to the PTO to the HST on the 6010 is one of the biggest differences I notice. That being said, I do miss the HST transmission, but am getting used to the PowerShuttle. But its the trade-off for the additional horsepower. I do find myself having to feather the clutch as well to do very slow creeping, like hooking up to an implement; the HST was much better about this. I do wonder if I am hurting the clutch by doing this, but I see no other way of doing it. Just putting it in Low 1st still doesn't give you the necessary control.
You won't hurt a wet clutch.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #6  
Kioti experts: Given the choice between an RX7320 with PowerShuttle and an NX6010HST, what would you suggest?

No question here I would choose the RX!

My wife thought she liked the HST better when we purchased the DK but once she got used to running that she realized it was just the size that intimidated her. She now runs geared and power shuttles like she was raised on them. My feeling for a tractor that size is go gear or don’t go at all!

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #7  
Can't argue with the comments so far... and not fully knowing your situation. BUT... If your wife is going to be using it then then the HST might be the ticket. (And I hate selling women short).

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #8  
Both my tractors were geared, requiring a clutch. My wife - five foot and one inch. With the seat fully forward and the steering wheel tipped up - she had no trouble learning and driving my 10,000# Kubota M6040.

She had become good enough to do the final - "back the tractor up to make 3-point implement connections". I'm standing out back - eye-balling the situation. It certainly helps when the implement you are hooking up is too heavy to move, by hand - for final hook up.

She enjoyed the "short runs". Move the tractor to attach a new implement. Move the tractor & chipper to a new location. She had never plowed our mile long gravel driveway. I'm pretty sure she would not have enjoyed this long, cold job.

Get the tractor that will best do the jobs you need to do. People can/will adjust.

My suggestion - get the bigger tractor.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #9  
RX,make sure you get the optional creeper gear.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010?
Thanks everyone for the information. I apologize for not finding some of the existing threads covering this question, but there is new information here that hopefully makes it worth while.

I'm heading over to test drive three tractors: two NX's and the RX7320. The RX has the creeper gear (thanks, The Fred).

Cutthroat - I appreciate your insight having moved between the two machines. I have no problem feathering a clutch - I am moving from a manual clutch tractor that I've had for 15 years - but liked the HST if only for my wife. One thing I think I've seen is that the HST will occasionally bog down under load up a hill. That pretty much describes my circumstances - dragging trees up hills.

Like I said - thanks, everyone.