Comparison For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010?

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #11  
Without a question the RX
PM me if you want any more details😉

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #12  
The Rx is definitely more tractor, but is it too much tractor? It's a question only you can answer. If you are working in the woods a lot, is the Rx too big to easily maneuver or too tall to hit branches? I drove both, and chose the NX. I wanted hydrostat, and the Rx was just too big for me to maneuver around my property and would be more difficult to transport if I want to take it somewhere else. Take the wife with you to the test drive if she will be a regular user.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #13  
Be aware that if you buy too much hp and operate at lower rpm because of that you may encourage more frequent regens. This can happen when someone buys a 45hp tractor to do constant 25hp level work and 'throttled down' to save fuel.

That said, if your knees are still young enough or still in shape to allow clutching, the larger shuttle for similar $$ would be a no-brainer if so. (That I'm limited to HST is entirely skeletal as I hit 70 today. :laughing:)

Creeper gear is a boon to hooking up implements with or without a QA on the 3PH :thumbsup: which doesn't get easier as tractors get larger. btw, IMO you got the brand right on this one. :)

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010?
Thanks, all. I took delivery of the RX7320.

Honest first impression was it was too big for work in the woods, but after a few hours I seem to have worked out a groove. I do need to trim some low-hanging branches, though. I intend to mostly stick to the trail (actually, a road) and work from there with a winch and grapple.

I like the powershuttle, especially compared to my old manual tractor. The HST on the NX series was nice, but for some reason I just felt better with the powershuttle. I think it's because the HST bogged down a bit when I was test driving it - I know that is controllable by the operator. But for dragging large and heavy logs up a hill both ways, I think the RX is a better machine, even if is not a better fit. Everything is a compromise.

Thanks again, all.

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #15  
Congrats on the new tractor!

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #17  
Congrats. I just sold my NX and bought a RX7310... that's a killer price you got!

My NX was a fantastic machine.

Thanks. I don't have many hours in it yet because I've been traveling, but it's been great so far. I did install some USB charger ports, which is something the NX had that the RX does not.

USB_Port_Closed.pngUSB_Port_Open.png

/ For the same price: Rx7320 or NX6010? #19  
I have a power shuttle NH TN55S that I like for field work and moving big bales, but my DK45 SEC HST works a lot better with loader work that requires a lot of slow inching back and forth. I did have to retrain my foot that the HST pedal is not a gas pedal, for more power/toque you have to ease up not press down. You will save fuel with the power shuttle. Enjoy the new tractor!!

Thanks. Was out on it today and accidentally knocked over an 8" hardwood tree in the driveway turn-about. Was iffy on whether to take it down, but not an issue anymore. Honestly was surprised when it just fell over when I clipped it. The RX is about 5000 pounds heavier than my old beast. Physics for the win.

I mostly use this in the heavy woods, but the size makes it a lot harder than my old tractor to move around the old haunts - I'm cutting lots of trails wider. Wife loves running/walking them so no biggie. In addition to the larger size, there is the 'new truck' problem of not wanting to scratch anything up. I'll get over it.

Picking up my new EA Wicked Grapple rake tomorrow from the shipping depot. It's about to get crazy in those woods... ;)