For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause?

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #31  
Pot is legal in BC. Because it is all grown indoors, the buildings are usually situated on industrial land with better infrastructure.

Yep, same here in legal areas. No licensed grower plants in a field.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #32  
Pot is legal in BC. Because it is all grown indoors, the buildings are usually situated on industrial land with better infrastructure.

Yep, same here in legal areas. No licensed grower plants in a field.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #33  
The ONLY attitude we should all have!

Pot...or poppies?

Too far north and cool for either one to do well outside. Also looks like his land is in an area that is somewhat built up around him, hard to keep a low profile.
Don't know for sure about BC, but pot is legal here and heavily taxed and regulated, the black market still exists to some extent but the state doesn't mess around with those they catch. Store prices are as good or better than before it was legal so most folks get theirs legally anyway.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #34  
I believe there are legal outdoor pot operations in eastern Washington, but the fencing and security requirements are pretty extreme.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #35  
There have been outdoor growing operations around here....at least until the authorities show up...

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #36  
   / For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause?
There have been outdoor growing operations around here....at least until the authorities show up...

The closing down of chicken growing leaves a large debt and houses not fit for anything else. But some are getting new life with black plastic covering the open sides and power still connected. Visitors not welcomed . Ever once in while Sheriff notices and makes a round up of growers just before Election day. The raid seems to be opponents family also.
ken

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #38  
My county just approved a 515 acre hemp farm. It's all the rage in this area.

Hemp farming might just save these small type "family" farms in this area. Interesting Federal restrictions on the plants though.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #39  
My county just approved a 515 acre hemp farm. It's all the rage in this area.

Hemp farming might just save these small type "family" farms in this area. Interesting Federal restrictions on the plants though.

I am not betting my farm on it.

Walgreens have announced they intend to sell Weed as an alternative drug, and if that occurs, all these Mom and Pop stores, with the small farms producing for them will be lost. Walgreens is not going to depend on thousands upon thousands of family farmers to supply for them, that will go to big agriculture for a dependable supply, and lower cost, and soon it will just be a crop, like any other crop.

The demand right now is too high (pun intended) and the money to be made on it is too big. This is just like organic farming. It used to be family farms, then they created a certification process, and now organic is big agriculture too. This is going in the same direction.

/ For those that have quit farming. what was deciding cause? #40  
I am not betting my farm on it.

Walgreens have announced they intend to sell Weed as an alternative drug, and if that occurs, all these Mom and Pop stores, with the small farms producing for them will be lost. Walgreens is not going to depend on thousands upon thousands of family farmers to supply for them, that will go to big agriculture for a dependable supply, and lower cost, and soon it will just be a crop, like any other crop.

The demand right now is too high (pun intended) and the money to be made on it is too big. This is just like organic farming. It used to be family farms, then they created a certification process, and now organic is big agriculture too. This is going in the same direction.

Isn’t hemp farming different from pharmaceutical grade cannabis production? We had one in our area years ago but it failed because of the lack of infrastructure for finished product.