Ford 1000 injector pump timing

/ Ford 1000 injector pump timing
Did you get the timing marks lined up? See note 24 on instructions

Jones6780, thank you for pointing me back to this ~ i am thinking this actually answered my original question :)

page 17:24 "Align the injection pump gear mark with the idler gear mark by turning the crankshaft counter-clock-wise ......”

I had lined up the marks to set the crank, idler and cam all up but there was not another mark left to align the pump.... but that is not what the manual told me to do. And I was not clear which mark on the idler to line up. But I think if I simply line the similar dots on the idler gear and the pump gear, all will be fine :)

But now I believe thanks to all these posts, I know a little more what is happening :)

Anyway, thank you for your post and help.

Hopefully, I will find out soon

It looks like in your pic that the hi idle and low idle screws are missing.. they screw into the boss on the left..
Another question.. r u pushing on the control rack in your pic.??
Do u have the spring and shims.??
Yes Mike, The idle screw is missing, the parts drawing only shows one, are there two (I assume you are talking #74 and nut #75 ? And yes I am pushing the control rack slightly with the ruler in the picture as well as I turned the throttle a bit. Two springs came with this pump; #55 and #68 as in the parts drawing. #68 seems to go on with the cover# 71 which of course I have not put on. I do not have the shim #69 ... looks like it is just a washer ?

Attachments

• F1000 Injector Pump .png
    F1000 Injector Pump .png
    361.2 KB · Views: 52
   / Ford 1000 injector pump timing #23  
Below is How Jones6780 made a witness mark before removing the injector pump, I am taking the liberty and post his picture here. Jones please correct if I am wrong.

tractor 018.jpg

I never needed to do any work on my injector pump but did put a witness mark with a dremel tool to mark pump location in regards to back of timing cover. looks to me pump can be rotated a few degrees.

DSC06733.JPG

Looks to me be rotated a few degrees there. Yet to figure out where the shims are and what exactly they do!

tractor 021.jpg

Thank you JC for your help,
It appears the previous owner of this pump created a witness mark also (see pict). This tractor I have had no pump so .... but maybe when this is all said and running I can put the other half of the mark on this timing cover.

Looks like your picture is a later model pump ~ not sure if compatible with a Ford 1000? I do like the idea of the plunger window being on this side. The pump I have, the window is on the engine side .... not very helpful there.

And I think the shim and spring Mike is talking about is this one (see pict) ... it appears the spring just puts pressure back to the idle position? And I am guessing the shims would be added to adjust that pressure ?

Attachments

• spring .png
    spring .png
    3.7 MB · Views: 46
  • mark.png
    mark.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
   / Ford 1000 injector pump timing #25  
Nice, OK. I get it now. 1700 is a bit newer and improved design I suppose. Thanks.