Ford 1710 hydraulic problems

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic problems #1  

Anonymous Poster

My 1710 has about 1000hrs and the hydraulic system seems weak. It has since I got it with about 800 hours on it. I use a 5' Rhino SE5 rotary mower and have a Ford loader on the front. Although the tractor will pick up the mower fine, it is slow and weak. The front end loader lift capacity is just plain pathetic, Will barely pick up a FULL bucket of loose dirt. Seems I am getting water in my hydraulic system. Fluid was milky when I bought it so I changed it and the filter. Now, 200hrs later, it is once again milky so I changed it again. I don't think it is getting in from outside (shifter boots are good, etc.) but must have had a bunch in it still from when I bought it (maybe someone poured it in?) How can I get this water out completely and is this what is causing my weak hydro system or are all 1710's weak?

/ Ford 1710 hydraulic problems #2  
First of all, change hydaulic filter. Water can swell the paper and add a lot of resistance. If you change the tran/hydraulic, make sure the 3 pt is down, raise the fel up and curl the bucket up and let gravity lower and uncurl the bucket after you drain the fluid and see how much more you get. <font color="red"> </font> BE Careful Don't get crushed by a falling FEL /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif