Ford 1910

/ Ford 1910 #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
I’m wanting to know which transmission my Ford 1910 has there’s two types a synchromesh transmission and a non synchronized how do I need to check

/ Ford 1910 #2  
Actually, according to Tractor Data it appears they used an unsynchronized and a partially synchronized. One may slip more easily into gear with less grinding than the other but I'm not sure how you'd tell for sure. I suspect the partially synchronized unit would slip into gear more easily when you depress the clutch. With an unsynchronized transmission you may have to let off the clutch then depress it again to allow the gears to align before selecting a gear - just based on my experience with old transmissions.

/ Ford 1910
Actually, according to Tractor Data it appears they used an unsynchronized and a partially synchronized. One may slip more easily into gear with less grinding than the other but I'm not sure how you'd tell for sure. I suspect the partially synchronized unit would slip into gear more easily when you depress the clutch. With an unsynchronized transmission you may have to let off the clutch then depress it again to allow the gears to align before selecting a gear - just based on my experience with old transmissions.
I believe mine is the semi synchronized

/ Ford 1910 #4  
Partially synchronized at least in my kubota means 3rd and 4th are fully synchronized meaning shifting on fly at any range, turtle or rabbit. My 1st and second gear at any range is non-synchronized, meaning full stop and then shift gear clutching first.

Partial synchronized does not mean " just a lil less grinding".

if while moving , you clutch and lightly try to change gear and it grinds, clutch immediately and fully and then stop. You do not have synchronized gear and would not want to damage your gear box.

/ Ford 1910 #5  
My understanding is the synchronized version is column shift and the non synchro was floor shift. That's what I read when I was looking at them to buy.

/ Ford 1910 #6  
My understanding is the synchronized version is column shift and the non synchro was floor shift. That's what I read when I was looking at them to buy.
I had a 2110 and that's the way they were.

/ Ford 1910 #7  
For really old people like me, that's like the old 3 on the tree in the old cars. Shift up from first, second, third using the clutch, shift between third and second and back using the clutch, but had to come to a stop to get back to first. A little different from the truck I drove at work, the clutch was used for starting, final stop and standing. Didn't use it for the rest of the gears.

/ Ford 1910 #8  
I’m wanting to know which transmission my Ford 1910 has there’s two types a synchromesh transmission and a non synchronized how do I need to check
Column shift is fully synchronized, if you have the range and gear levers between your feet it is a partially synchronized transmission.

/ Ford 1910 #9  
Look at the model code next to the LH step. Non sychro model is AP313A. Synchro is AP3136. Also, Synchro Shuttle Shift or SSS. It is a synchro column shift, non-synchro range.