Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part?

/ Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part? #21  
MlkeWard, your starter wiring looks different than mine. It looks like your battery cable is connected to the solenoid with a jumper cable going to the starter, which is backwards from mine. But, my wiring was 'boogered' by the previous owner, which is likely causing many of my wiring problems.

Prior to installing my push button, I touched (yes, sparked) two screwdrivers together between the starter post and solenoid post to engage the solenoid. This is more dangerous than the push button because I was off of my tractor while starting (never recommended). So, the push button just simulates touching the screwdrivers together. The push button has worked flawlessly for at least 2 years now. I even tried installing a new starter relay circuit described in other postings from this TBN forum, but the the voltage drop in my wiring harness even kept the brand new relay from engaging. I surmised that replacing the entire wiring harness was necessary to protect my sanity, if I wanted to continue using the key switch to start. Troubleshooting my existing brittle, aging, and 'boogered' tractor wiring sends me to over the edge quickly. So, my push button solution can be considered insanity defense for me.

/ Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part?
IMG_2078.JPGIMG_1117.JPGThe parts from Messicks came today.
Snap, snap,snap, took three minutes to replace and tractor started right up.
Parts were actually less than those shown on New Holland website and they were different numbers too.
Hope this info on TBN will help someone else!
Thanks to all for advice and postings.

/ Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part? #23  
View attachment 576515View attachment 576516The parts from Messicks came today.
Snap, snap,snap, took three minutes to replace and tractor started right up.
Parts were actually less than those shown on New Holland website and they were different numbers too.
Hope this info on TBN will help someone else!
Thanks to all for advice and postings.

I think you will agree Mike: MESSICK'S IS THE BEST !!!!

YES
My go to place for parts for years!!
When I split my tractor to put in a clutch
I called them after looking on their website and the parts guy said the price for clutch was higher than what the website listed. They hadn't updated the website with increases.
They honored the lower web price
I saved a lot!

/ Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part? #25  
My 1920 is starting to act up too. Get on, turn the key and nothing. I had so move the shuttle shift lever a bit to get it to start. Hope it’s just the NSS. But I will keep this in mind.

/ Ford 1920 not starting not the NSS what is this part? #26  
My 1920 is starting to act up too. Get on, turn the key and nothing. I had so move the shuttle shift lever a bit to get it to start. Hope it’s just the NSS. But I will keep this in mind.

I have to get the shuttle shift lever in just the right place on mine also.
Is the NSS part of the shuttle shift assembly? Seems like it must be.
Perhaps I should just get a new NSS.

Fried1765 mine started like that 6 or 7 years ago. I finally replaced it.
NSS is right undershift lever. You can almost touch it if you stick your finger down where the rubber boot is.
After replacing it it still wouldn't start occasionally. Finally took it out and put a wire jumper in place of the NSS. Still wouldn't start once in a while and I traced it to this relay. When it wouldn't start if I tapped the relay it world start. The NSS sends a signal to this relay to start.