Ford 3000 Tractor wont move

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #1  

slingin6

Tractor
Ford 3000 Ford 8N
I have a Ford 3000 tractor that will not go into gear by depressing the clutch pedal. It grinds gears. At low RPM you could force it into gear or start it in gear and it would run fine. It all of a sudden won't move at all now when started or forced into gear. PTO and rear power lift still work fine. It appears as if water has contaminated the fluid in the forward part of the tractor. I was wondering what others thought I should do to help solve problem. Drain all fluid and refill to see if this solves problem. or is it just a waste of time. Or should I just crack tractor in half and look at clutch and probable replace all. Any ideas or thoughts.

Thanks

Slingin6
rreed@cfl.rr.com

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #2  
change the clutch it is either sticking or burned out and need to be changed that tractor moving has nothing to do with hyd. oil and the lift and pto has nothing to do with the tractor moving i would say the engine clutch has went out and while in there i would change everything including the input shaft seals

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #3  
As Whodat says it is definitely a clutch problem. It probably won't work, but it would be worth trying to adjust the clutch before splitting the tractor. At the bottom of the pedal there is a clevis with a threaded rod. That is your adjustment. Adjust it for much less free play and see what happens. It don't cost nothin' to do this first.

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move
i forgot to mention one other aspect of this. I did disconnect the clutch pedal from the lever that goes thru the housing. I can manually swing it back and forth without feeling any restriction on the lever at all.

Thanks

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #5  
sounds like the presure plate has went out but the lever will move a good ways before getting hard i would adjust to 1.5 in. freeplay before doing anything else

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #6  
sounds like the presure plate has went out but the lever will move a good ways before getting hard i would adjust to 1.5 in. freeplay before doing anything else

I think he's gonna be either yanking the steering box for a looksee.. or really.. splitting the tractor..

soundguy

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #7  
i beleive in the long run he will have to split the tractor is sounds like the fingers or gone of the pp

/ Ford 3000 Tractor wont move #8  
It appears as if water has contaminated the fluid in the forward part of the tractor.

Sounds like 2 separate problems. You need a split to replace the worn clutch components adn you need to fix the water problem. Probably the shift lever boot.