Ford 3000 - what maintenance to get it running again

/ Ford 3000 - what maintenance to get it running again #1  

Frank Jr.

Tractor
Ford 3000
I'm about to start working on Dad's old Ford 3000 diesel and wanted to get some recommendations on what precautions and maintenance I should do to get it ready to use. A bit of history: I believe its a late 60's model that has just a touch over 1400 hours on it. I know Dad purchased it second hand and only used it for bush hogging each summer. It sat for about 5-6 years after he couldn't get out anymore and after he passed I had a friend get it running again, but its sat another 6-7 years since then. I'm about to have it moved to my place and figure I need to drain all the fuel, fluids and replace with fresh. I'll have to replace the battery and prime the fuel system. Any recommendations on other things I should look at or replace as part of getting it ready to go?

Any help is appreciated,
thanks
Frank

/ Ford 3000 - what maintenance to get it running again #2  
You should check the air filter and passage to the intake manifold. If mice can get access they will build nests in there. They seem to love to chew wiring as well or may build a nest under the dash.

/ Ford 3000 - what maintenance to get it running again
Good comments, had a old truck that mice got into. Took half a day to splice wires and get it running again. Thought a bit more and figure I need to change the fuel and air filters.

thank you for the comment