Ford 3910 hydraulic problem

/ Ford 3910 hydraulic problem #1  

Professor Marvel

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 5000, Kubota 2150 HST, NH TC45 D, JD 375 Baby Skid Steer --- STUFF THAT GOES ON EM, Schwinn Stingray
My friend has a 3910. He has had it since new. He lent it out (may or may not have anything to do with it) and now when he is bushogging on hills sideways or when he hits heavier grass it (the bushhog) completely dies down. He changed the fluid and filter. Says it has enough fluid in fact blew a little out. It is getting worse. I was wondering if maybe a pressure relief valve in it has gotten weak. What could this be?
Thanks for input

/ Ford 3910 hydraulic problem
no guesses eh

/ Ford 3910 hydraulic problem #3  
this hog have a slip clutch? shear pin?

check those first to make sure it is not the hog slipping.

if it is not the hog.. then you are back to the tractor.
I'mnot at all familiar with a 3910.. but if it has an independent pto with a hyd clutch pack like the 65+ 000/x600 series.. then I think checking the pressure there at the valve / pack is the next thing to do.

someone like rickb.. maybee ultradog or whodat will have more experience with these 'new' models.

/ Ford 3910 hydraulic problem #4  
no guesses eh

Explain dies down more. So tractor rpm stays the same but bush hog stops cutting right? When you turn around and look at the pto shaft or bush hog drive line is it still spinning? If so maybe a slip clutch issue. Let us know.

Sawtooth I will do some more observation and get back to you. Thanks

All hydraulics die, bucket too. This is getting worse.

/ Ford 3910 hydraulic problem #7  
All hydraulics die, bucket too. This is getting worse.

What did the fluid look like when he changed it? Any pieces of brake lining or other crud in the fluid? This sounds like a major hydraulic system problem if it's affecting ".. all hydraulics..".